Sign in to follow this  

steering stabilizer for '91 KX 250

I looked and I didn't find anything

sorry :ride:

ok, thanks for looking i appreciate it :thumbsup:

You may need to go with the weld on. I have a kx125 and mine was bolted on, until I was in the middle of a race and it shook itself loose. That was a big problem for me because wthout my stabilizer I get mad headshake. Then another race it kept locking side to side. That was a scary race. So we welded on my bolt on and havent had a problem since it works great. :thumbsup:

Hey foxy did you have any problem welding that on? Do you know what kind of welder you used? My bolt-on has come loose a couple of times now and I'm always afraid to tighten those tiny hex head bolts with fear of stripping them out.

My husband has a welder but we wanted to make sure it was right. We just took it down to our local welder. I have actually had two stabilizers welded on and havent had a problem out of either one. I will talk with my husband and see if he has any more info.

My husband has a welder but we wanted to make sure it was right. We just took it down to our local welder. I have actually had two stabilizers welded on and havent had a problem out of either one. I will talk with my husband and see if he has any more info.

The only way to reliably weld chromoly dirtbike frames is to "TIG" weld them. I am sure thats the process your weld shop used when welding the stabilizer standoff.