Sign in to follow this  

Thumper Talk Store

Just wondering if any other Canadians out there have ordered anything from the TT store? I am thinking of picking up a skid plate and case covers but I am concerned about the final cost of these things reaching my door. The on line shipping calculator is not too bad if I use USPS but are there others costs like customs I need to worry about? I believe anything manufactured in the States can be brought into Canada duty free. Any help would be appreciated.

you'll have to pay GST.

Avoid UPS, as they tack on a huge 'brokerage fee'.

USPS isn't so bad, though.

My experience is that USPS is faster, too...

USPS is cheaper but the TT store won't ship that way so you'll have a few extra bucks to pay out. That and the TT store will put a pen in a box the size of a milk carton , that'll add a few extra again.

Ken

TT WIL ship USPS !

Thats for sure. I ordered tons of stuff from them and all i gotta pay is tax and 5 bux brockerage fees.

I just ordered the TT case shields. It hurt to have to add $20USD onto a $30 USD item.It should arrive next week so I'll let you know.Aren't there any decent places to get parts in Canada? I'd love to know someone in Wash. State so I could take advantage of all the free shipping! Or get a big honking PO box. Maybe I could make a living as a parts smuggler. Just rambling...

Hey, if you are looking for a partner in crime I'm your man.

I have ordered lots from TT store-great to deal with and they have a lot of things not listed-if you see something for a bike but yours isnt listed and you think it exists, call them-dont know the number though, the one listed doesnt work for me-ever-so I use the "send us a message" option.

Shipping by usps is the way to go for orders from the states. The stuff made there you only have to pay taxes, stuff from elsewhere requires duty-sometimes, last thing was made in china but I didnt get tagged-oh well :thumbsup:.

There are several companies in Canada that do aftermarket, but, for some reason (national laws?) they do not sell direct retail, they sell to distributors who may charge a bit to handle things for you-dont for me but have heard of others they do.

I go online to the catalogues (motovan, parts, canada, tucker rocky, kimpex, bsl, gamma...) and get parts numbers, prices and second choices where possible, call my favorite local dealer (a yamaha dealer with a very knowledgable staff-they know enough not to question my orders "are you sure you want that? You really should be using the same tires that came on your bike....") and they place the order for me and call me when it gets in-I pay a bit extra for shipping.

make sure you have cash when the postman arrives, exact change as well. How you are supposed to know that I haven't figured out. It will take 2 days to get to customs and who knows to get from there. You will get it though.

The GST bit still chafes though.... Now if I could work and insure my bikes here and still ride from my house every night like BC.... I could live with GST.

USPS is cheaper but the TT store won't ship that way so you'll have a few extra bucks to pay out. That and the TT store will put a pen in a box the size of a milk carton , that'll add a few extra again.

Ken

The TT Store DOES ship USPS on international orders!!!!

Once in a while we do ship Fed Ex intenational because of customs' box size restrictions. Some items do exceed the size limitations of USPS. When this happens you are notified.

Just so you guys know that we do have customs forms that we have to attach to the box. Therefor we have a standard box size that we use for small items. We have tried to use padded envelopes but they get beat up and returned, or ripped open or lost more often than not AND the price is the same believe it or not. Shipping USPS Global Express goes by the whole pound, so a small box or an envelope is the same price. If it weighs .10 lbs or .95 lbs its all the same price.

We do have 2 telephone numbers the toll free number and also the local number that you guys can use. 1-702-940-7899

Give us a call if you ever have an questions.

thanks for the help. I have tried the 866 number many times, all hours, all days and have always gotten "number not in service" message. Maybe need a country code or something-or maybe not toll free for international.

I use tt when I can but sometimes the cost + shipping+exchange rate makes it much more expensive than buying local. To put it into #'s, I just ordered a stator which cost 125$US+25 shipping + exchange rate+taxes and it came to about 200$CDN in my hands. I could have ordered the same stator here in Can. for 165$CDN+14%tax=185$CDN in my hands but would have had to wait a few more days as the dealer was on vacation.

The 866 number doesn't work for you international guys.....

You have to use the local number. If you tell us where you are calling fom and give us a call back # we can call you back so WE pay for the call, no problem..... YOU JUST HAVE TO LET US KNOW!!!!!

The 866 number doesn't work for you international guys.....

You have to use the local number. If you tell us where you are calling fom and give us a call back # we can call you back so WE pay for the call, no problem..... YOU JUST HAVE TO LET US KNOW!!!!!

Why wouldn't you have an international 800 #? No disrespect meant, but I've never heard of calling a company telling them I'm from Canada, hanging up and having them call me back.

Ken

both #'s now stored on speed dial on cell (both because if I go west about 200meters I get a US tower!)