Sign in to follow this  

rejetted, no 3x3 question

I just bought a 2006 SM. The guy put a full yosh system and rejetted but did not do the 3x3 mod. He said all he put in was a 160 or a 165 main jet (i cant remember, ill ask him tomorrow). would this be ok to cut the 3X3? :thumbsup:

Not without the DynoJet kit.

The whole point of the DynoJet kit is to get rid of the stock Suzuki needle, which is horrible lean.

Even with the bigger main jet you have now, you are still lean on the needle, even leaner than stock, which is bad enough.

Do the 3x3 and re-jet properly for more power and much better throttle response.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

noticed James Dean has a new kit for S and SM with a selection of needles. DJ kit only comes with one-dont know if the confusion would be worth it as many people (including me) have enough trouble getting it working well with just one needle, but variety is the spice...

BY going to 160 main he has made it rich enough to ride for the time being but before you do the 3x3, install the DJ (orJD) needle.

BY going to 160 main he has made it rich enough to ride for the time being but before you do the 3x3, install the DJ (orJD) needle.

Yes the main jet is rich enough, as I said, but that will not have enough effect on the needle range, unless riding at altitude.

For the time being you could try a thin (1-mm) washer under the needle clip, that would make it a bit richer on the needle range.

Not without the DynoJet kit.

Even with the bigger main jet you have now, you are still lean on the needle, even leaner than stock, which is bad enough.

Just wanted to clarify this part, I read it as though it wouldnt be good to ride as is. And to mention the other needle options.