Sign in to follow this  

kdx220 or crf230

(A bike is just right if you can do everything flat footed.)???

WHAT?

some one spends to much time on there street bike or on the street with there bike.

I am 5'5.5" and the bike fits perfect no lowering links. most forget to set there race sag. so the bike feels two high set your race sag at 4inches and it will be fine. you only need one foot on the ground at a time, if you cant do that then you need to be on trainers. Back to the original Question CRF or KDX ? its a no brainer KDX will be the best bike two grow with there is a lot of information and things to do that will make it run and handle like a 6 grand mx bike. I have no problems from mine on the trails or track. The CRF is just not enough bike to need to change from a TTR.

i really dont see how the bike is perfect for you when i am 5'10'' and it is too big for me. Im not saying you cant fit on it but im saying it isnt the perfect size for you. How do i know? Because i am 4 inches taller and it is still a bit tall for me.

I have been this way 30 years of my life.

lets start with some basics, A bike is designed to be ridden on two wheels forward only. A bike has foot pegs for your feet they DON'T belong on the ground.

If your lower thigh is the only thing on the seat when your foot is on the ground then yes the bike is tall for you. (most forget to set there race sag) is yours set? with the sag set at 4" to my weight the bike fits perfect.

I also have a .50 rear spring that is the OEM spring and is to stiff for my weight.

what does that have to do with anything?

It gives the bike to much static or free sag when the race sag is set to my weight thus loosing some of the shock stroke or lowering the bike more than it should be.

OK! OEM seat height is 36.22" set your sag for a 4" some of that 36 inch seat height is going to go down. then if you are under 180 with the stock rear spring you loose even more. so at 5' 10" if the bike is tall, your inseam must be around 28" if its because of big balls then you need a bike with more power thats shorter.

If yours is to tall you might want to do some reading in the off road riding section ask how many are flat footed on a bike and how those that are not, deal with riding.

Do you really think RC hops on his TTR to go trail riding, cause his feet will touch when he needs to stop.

Now the theres David Knight, he would touch the ground flat footed on any bike, maybe even a camel.

I ride with a guy that thinks his WR250 is two high and it effects his ability but its all just attitude or mental ability.

In all walks of life, when your short you compensate with knowledge and skill.

If that fails BS always works as an alliterative, but even that takes the above to be believable.

if you're only 5' 6" get an 85L or a 100 2 stroke. You wouldnt regret it, im 5' 10" and i fit awesome on my 2004 kx 100.

I have been this way 30 years of my life.

lets start with some basics, A bike is designed to be ridden on two wheels forward only. A bike has foot pegs for your feet they DON'T belong on the ground.

If your lower thigh is the only thing on the seat when your foot is on the ground then yes the bike is tall for you. (most forget to set there race sag) is yours set? with the sag set at 4" to my weight the bike fits perfect.

I also have a .50 rear spring that is the OEM spring and is to stiff for my weight.

what does that have to do with anything?

It gives the bike to much static or free sag when the race sag is set to my weight thus loosing some of the shock stroke or lowering the bike more than it should be.

OK! OEM seat height is 36.22" set your sag for a 4" some of that 36 inch seat height is going to go down. then if you are under 180 with the stock rear spring you loose even more. so at 5' 10" if the bike is tall, your inseam must be around 28" if its because of big balls then you need a bike with more power thats shorter.

If yours is to tall you might want to do some reading in the off road riding section ask how many are flat footed on a bike and how those that are not, deal with riding.

Do you really think RC hops on his TTR to go trail riding, cause his feet will touch when he needs to stop.

Now the theres David Knight, he would touch the ground flat footed on any bike, maybe even a camel.

I ride with a guy that thinks his WR250 is two high and it effects his ability but its all just attitude or mental ability.

In all walks of life, when your short you compensate with knowledge and skill.

If that fails BS always works as an alliterative, but even that takes the above to be believable.

sorry i didnt mean for you to get upset at all. I was stating like I did before, that at 5'10 i have trouble moving the bike backwards when im on the seat to turn around or hold up the bike when it is leaning far over. It is a good bit heavy for me but nothing i cant manage. Im stating this because at 5'6 chances are he weights less than me and isnt as strong as me. I dont want the bike to be unpleasant for him. I myself am going to be riding a mx250 and no i dont fit great on that bike either. I just want him to be careful because i have experienced what he is going through. Am i weak? No i am just as strong as your next guy. So yes moving a bike when it is off backwards may be hard for most.

I was 5'6 not too long ago and made a choice to get a tall bike. I dumped it more times than i can count.

What bike do i reccomend for him? A kdx of course i was just sharing. No offense was meant to be given.

you should be able to do everything you need to on your bike. I have a problem kickstarting it on hills and backing the bike up while i am sitting on the bike these are some of the reasons it is too tall for me. A bike is just right if you can do everything flat footed. Are most people the right height for their bike? I doubt it. Im just saying at 5'10 i have a tough time doing that stuff and at 5'6'' it is going to be much tougher. My cousin at 6'2 is a great height for the bike and has no problems at all but he is 6'2.

I have to disagree completely. You may have trouble at 5' 10"? that makes no sense. You obviously dont know how to control a bike then :ride: . Like i said, im 5'5" and 120#. I ride a CR250 with no trouble. I can touch both feet tip toe. Or one foot flat. You have a misunderstanding about fitting a bike. :thumbsup: