Sign in to follow this  

crf230 vs. kdx220

which bike would be best for tight trails, wide open plains, and the ocasional motocross track?im 14y/o 5'6 120 pounds with 3 months experience on ttr125 (very bored of power) the used motorcycle dealer near me has a 2001 kdx220 and a 2004 crf230 both for 2,000.its a matter of picking which one.i'm aware these bikes have totally diferent power, but i want a balance between confidence building and long lasting entertainment by the power.

thanks

The KDX. The KDX will be more lasting fun power wise, and you can mod them out any which way you please.

For the type of riding you are going to do get the KDX. I have a KDX200 and a CRF230 after putting a lot of money in the 230(see garage)it is close to what the KDX is stock,both in power and suspension. The KDX is easy to start 1or2 kicks.

seriously both bikes are good, but the KDX takes the cake. it has that extra hhmph to it in almost everything about it. however, it is heavier.

however, it is heavier.

The KDX is about 18 lbs lighter & feels much lighter than that.

my bad ur right! i just went on their sight to make sure. and before i could edit the damn thing SOMEONE had to notice the mistake...thanks. lol no its np i noticed that

KDX. faster. more power. will build confidence due to the KIPS system, not really an arm ripper, but you can feel the power. Itll entertain MUCh MUCH longer than any air cooled 4 stroke bike. air cooled 4 strokers are more for 13 year old kids to just lightly cruise around on.

Foresure, you can lug the 230's like a tractor. Sure can't do that with a 250f.

I'd go with the KDX, if only I wasn't so thick headed earlier I would never have gotten a 230. You'll like the KDX so much better.

I dont see how this is a comparison.

KDX with a Gnarley Pipe & you'll be happy. :thumbsup:

Go for the Fatty on the 220 except for use in the most technical terrain.

Go for the Fatty on the 220 except for use in the most technical terrain.

I don't see how this is a comparison.

The Gnarly is actually what I'd choose for a beginner, it lacks any sort of 2 stroke hit and lugs well. Personally it's what I'd choose all the time.