Sign in to follow this  

Won't turn Yz450f 06

Having trouble holding the front tyre in a rut.Want's to push through.

Have lifted forks in the triple clamps (7mm) and taken a link out of the chain to shorten the wheelbase.Has improved it but still does it.

I still have the standard Dunlops.. Sag is set at 94mm

Can N E one help? :thumbsup:

O-ring......if you could possibly give us a little more info it will help with the diagnosis some.

What is your weight? With the 94mm rider sag what is your free sag? Where are all your clickers frt. & rear at right now? Have you checked the R/S fork for binding?

doc

That stock 739 Dunlop sucks Johnson! I lost my front end this weekend because of it. It gives no warning whatsoever that it's going to let loose. I'll be changin it this week. A rut is a different story though. These new Yamis have a lot of trail, so combined with 94mm of sag and having the forks slid up in the clamps, you're bike now has a ton of trail. The front end will want to flop on you bad with your current setup. I would suggest going with 98-100mm sag and moving the forks back down. Then put on a good front tire and trying again.

Hi,

I weigh 86kg...Rear shock is 9 clicks out. Front forks are 2 clicks harder than the standard setting..

Sorry I'm not sure of free sag at the moment..Will measure it and let you know..

Thankyou for your help.. :thumbsup:

These new Yamis have a lot of trail, so combined with 94mm of sag and having the forks slid up in the clamps, you're bike now has a ton of trail. The front end will want to flop on you bad with your current setup. I would suggest going with 98-100mm sag and moving the forks back down. Then put on a good front tire and trying again.

You're sure that decreasing the rake angle, while holding everything else constant, will add trail?