Sign in to follow this  

new vs 2nd hand

hey

i am going to buy a crf 250r

do u think i would be safe with a 2nd hand one?

wat are some disadvantages of 2nd hand?

would i be able to pick up a 06 crf 250r for a reasonable price in good condition?

thanx for your help

be careful buying a used 250f.although i just did i looked long and hard and finally found one that wasnt beat.i would check all the surrounding stealerships and get some otd prices first,then start looking at used.i paid 3600 for a used 05,only a few hrs. on it and to me it was worth saving the 1500 over new ,since it was pretty much new anyways.good luck.

A Big rumor or common thought is "you should not buy a bike that was raced, because it was beat" . That may be true, but these are the bikes that get taken care of the best, if the guy is a serious racer. I would be

more afraid to buy someones "play bike" because those are the type that dont get the on the spot maintenance that they need. Plus, it may already have some of the mods you were looking at doing to a new one anyways.

A Big rumor or common thought is "you should not buy a bike that was raced, because it was beat" . That may be true, but these are the bikes that get taken care of the best, if the guy is a serious racer. I would be

more afraid to buy someones "play bike" because those are the type that dont get the on the spot maintenance that they need. Plus, it may already have some of the mods you were looking at doing to a new one anyways.

I 100% agree with that. I race and i know my bike gets all the maintence in the world. On the other hand my 2 friends have bikes and all they know is where the gas goes and they always try to tell me how their going to get so much more money than me when they sell it cause its never been raced.

. This sport aint cheap....every little bit helps.

Isn't that the truth. I hate going shopping with my mom because she always has 50 million coupons for like 5 cents off. Then i go home and sit on the computer trying to see who has the cheapest set of riding pants that i can actually pay for, only to walk upstairs saying i found this awsome deal and i only need to borrow 30 bucks!