Sign in to follow this  

Wr450 plates for NM

I went thought hell to get my yz registered in NM. There is actually a clause in the NM law that you cannot register an off road motorcycle or register any part of one (I tried to say it was modified). This made me so mad because you can build a car but can't modify a motorcycle. I finally just took it to Arizona, made up an address and registered it there. It is legal there to convert an off road bike to street legal. If you do this don't say you live in Tucson or Phoenix because they require emissions. Then I took my Arizona title to the DMV here and they could not argue. They had to honor the out of state transfer. They did need to do a vin inspection. They did give me some static about not having a speedometer but let me by anyway.

Also, I DO NOT recommend Baja Designs. They left me out to dry. They told me I would have no problems in NM. Then when I ran into this law they said ts.

99raptor, which do you have now a NM title or MSO? I know some forlks who have had luck at High Desert Title.

Not sure what MSO means? But my plate is just like any street legal motorcycle plate. Where is this High Desert Title? It never hurts to know of a good DMV.

When I bought my wr426 from Taos Cycleworks,it came with a plate and registration for 2 years.(off-highway plate)