Sign in to follow this  

Lincoln Hills

My son and I rode Lincoln Hills yesterday. The trail was in great shape with very little whoops. Getting there from the 7mi. staging area was really whooped out thou. I would suggest taking the route up to the start of the loop and jumping on the single track from there. We had a great time. Just thought I would share. :thumbsup:

My folks place is right off of the Lincoln Hills loop. My son and I rode it this spring. I was surprized how whooped out it was, even the single track was one roller after another.

Don't ride up there as much as I used to, but plan on getting back to it.

Was there any downed trees in the trail that you had to go around? I help do the trail mainentance out there. We usualy go out there in the spring and fall. So sometimes by mid summer it can get away from us. How was the brush situation? Was it overgrown and slappin ya in the face in many places?

I live an hour away from there so for me to get up there to recon the trail is a bit of a trek. Any input ya have is apreciated. Glad the woops are down a little. May have to get out there for a ride in a few weeks.

Was there any downed trees in the trail that you had to go around?

I don't think we had to go around any. There were a couple small ones that we just rode over.

How was the brush situation? Was it overgrown and slappin ya in the face in many places?

Nothing was overgrown as far as I was concerned. I have ridden this trail many times and I don't remember it being in this good condition. I guess we got lucky once.

Hey guys I grew up in Oscoda and rode at the track on the air base bultaco hill and the bombing range does any of that sound familiar long time ago I now live in Ca.

Nothing was overgrown as far as I was concerned. I have ridden this trail many times and I don't remember it being in this good condition. I guess we got lucky once.

No downed trees? No overgrown trail brush? Nothing to slap you in the face? Don your "trail maintenance" is slacking!

:thumbsup:

Hey guys I grew up in Oscoda and rode at the track on the air base bultaco hill and the bombing range does any of that sound familiar long time ago I now live in Ca.

Bultaco Hill has been closed for many years. Was a major stink causer for the anti-ORV crowd here in the early nineties.

Here's what it looks like now:

DCP_0932.jpg

Rode the trail yesterday and did tree clearing. We got everything except two. There is a overhanging tree toward the the top of the loop that you have to duck under and one more across the trail toward the top. The overhanging tree was just to big for our chainsaw. Well not realy to to big for the saw but the chain on the saw wouldn't cut warm butter. It will require another trip out. :thumbsup:

Rode the trail yesterday and did tree clearing. We got everything except two. There is a overhanging tree toward the the top of the loop that you have to duck under and one more across the trail toward the top. The overhanging tree was just to big for our chainsaw. Well not realy to to big for the saw but the chain on the saw wouldn't cut warm butter. It will require another trip out. :ride:

We might be able to get to them this weekend. I will be up in the area camping. Ill have the saw with me. If they are near the 2-tracks I can get in there with the truck and take them out if you know where they are at ( I assume you did mark them with a waypoint right :thumbsup: )

What time were you out there Sndmn?? I rode the top of the loop in the AM...9:30 ish.

Have spent the last 25 years riding street only, forgot how much fun (and work!!) it is to ride in the dirt. Still getting used to the sand. Need to get a better set of dirt tires. Ones on the bike now are 80/20 street.

What time were you out there Sndmn?? I rode the top of the loop in the AM...9:30 ish.

Have spent the last 25 years riding street only, forgot how much fun (and work!!) it is to ride in the dirt. Still getting used to the sand. Need to get a better set of dirt tires. Ones on the bike now are 80/20 street.

From 10:30 to 4:00. I was on a KTM and the other guy I was with was driving light blue lifted pickup.

From 10:30 to 4:00. I was on a KTM and the other guy I was with was driving light blue lifted pickup.

It was just you and Justin !!!!! :thumbsup:

I feel your pain brother :applause: Been there done that :ride: 2 people is NOT enough to do trail mainenantce. That sucks!

hmm... I wonder if I saw you crossing Kings hwy...

I was buzzing up Kings highway heading north..was whooped from riding, when I saw a KTM cross in front of me heading east..

Bultaco Hill has been closed for many years. Was a major stink causer for the anti-ORV crowd here in the early nineties.

QUOTE]

oh what a pain that was. I used to ride there all the time when I was a kid. What fun trying to get my 1976 YZ 80 up that hill!!! We could spend all day out there and around the base and that old golf course though.

They closed down everything around that time, I sold my bike cause there was no where left to ride.

I used to ride all those places. Did you go to school there?

It was just you and Justin !!!!! :ride:

I feel your pain brother :applause: Been there done that :applause: 2 people is NOT enough to do trail mainenantce. That sucks!

It wasn"t that bad. Like I said, I was just clearing downed stuff. No face slappers. I"ll bring my Husquvarna chainsaw next time though. :thumbsup: