Sign in to follow this  

bad gas mileage

my 02 250f drinks the gas. i ride it around for about an hour around a pit and it burns a half tank. im used to a ttr125 so is this normal? :thumbsup:

also if the float level is to high, you are probably leaking gas out the overflow tubes

my 02 250f drinks the gas. i ride it around for about an hour around a pit and it burns a half tank. im used to a ttr125 so is this normal? :thumbsup:

That is normal usage,I am depleting more than that in a hr,different riding though. Rich jetting and a high float level you will burn more,but your sounds normal.

my 250 F i ride around for three hours a day pin most the time and i got through a tank everry 2-3days not as good as my ttr 125l though

i'll tell you a little gas milage story, it was a day much like this, only colder(up here) and raining. i called my buddy "hey, is that ride still on?". "no, we're not riding in the rain." i was dissapointed, so i started to get all my stuff put back that i had ready, when i got a call "F that! were going riding!" so i hop on my scoot and ride 15 miles down gravel roads to get to the huge private track. i had 4L of gas on my back(young and stupid, what can i say), i dropped off the gas at my buddies house and road to the track. it was wet put in really nice shape, road hard from 11 in the morning til 3 in the after noon, almost non-stop. i had to beat my parents home from work(don't ask) so i left a bit early, road back to my friends house, and the 4L of gas i brought, barley fit in!

after that, i wasn't afriad on long rides anymore :thumbsup: