Sign in to follow this  

1986 CR500 Value

Came across a 1986 cr500 in excellent condition, only needs new tires. Fresh bore on it. Plastics are like new. Very clean all the way around. The guy is asking $800.

Arent the engines worth more than that? I have no use for a bike of this power for the riding I do, but I am considering buying it to part out on Ebay.

Any ideas as to what the parts are worth??

$650-$900 is the norm for a CR500 motor on EBAY. Really depends on how clean it is. If you only plan to part this bike out, I'd stay away from it. The money you make will not be worth your time unless it is a very clean bike.

Chris

I'd give the guy $800 for it just to keep an excellent condition bike out of the hands of someon who only wants to tear it apart and sell of the pieces! :thumbsup:

I see your in Michigan, if your anywhere near essexville I could give you directions.

If I thought I could handle a 500, I would buy it to ride it, it is a extremely nice bike. But where I ride, there are very few spots where I could actually make use of all that power. My 300 is plenty for the tighter trails we ride.

Also if your parting just the engine not sure if you would get that much 8-9 hundy for it since it's 26 yrs old!! Any black engine is old!!

Also if your parting just the engine not sure if you would get that much 8-9 hundy for it since it's 26 yrs old!! Any black engine is old!!

I think you need to check your addition.............how about 20 years old. Does that sound better? :thumbsup:

I'd give the guy $800 for it just to keep an excellent condition bike out of the hands of someon who only wants to tear it apart and sell of the pieces! :thumbsup:

AMEN BRO....

What is he thinking....that's Blasphemy!!! :ride:

AMEN BRO....

What is he thinking....that's Blasphemy!!! :thumbsup:

dont kill it, let some kid buy it

That 86 is the beast...it had the most aggressive motor they ever made...great bike...

That thing is worth 800 all day...its probably worth twice that or more to the right guy..