Sign in to follow this  

ttr125 HELP: BBR camshaft, clutch springs, and valve adj.

Hey guys, I got my BBR camshaft, and clutch springs in, and I lost the instructions for the clutch springs, and this is my first time doing a camshaft,and adjusting the valves. If any of you have any tips, or good info, please let me know. Thanks :thumbsup:

Be VERY careful when you compress the valve springs to change the cam. It's not hard to bend a valve. Don't ask how I know. :thumbsup:

Make sure you compress it straight down from above. You can press each valve down by hand if you have a friend pull the cam as you compress.

Make sure you compress it straight down from above. You can press each valve down by hand if you have a friend pull the cam as you compress.
it show how to do it in the instructions i beleive, when i got my 150kit im pretty sure. the clutch springs you just take the screw out and replace the springs :thumbsup:

NAH,you don't have to drain the oil but it may be a good time to change it anyway!The bbr is a good little cam,we did up a ttr many years ago and it was a blast! If you have not got the flywheel cut down you should,it REALLY helps the little motor spin up quick! :thumbsup:

Hey, thanks a lot! Where would you suggest having the flywheel lightened. I know BBR sels the whole thing for $100, but if I do it, I want a price lower than $50. Thanks for the help!