Sign in to follow this  

help kx100 or KLX125L

My girl wants to get into riding, we live in florida so it will be trail riding and maybe some day get into hair scrambles. Now I have had a CR250, YZ250F, YZ429F, and another 250F. looking at a Kawa 250F now, the 2006.

Anyway, this will be her first bike ever. She is 35, 5'1" and about 115lbs. I'm being steered in all directions, some are saying to get the 2006 Kawasaki KLX125L and some are saying to get KX100. Now I'm a big 4 stroke fan and was leaning towards the KLX125L, but what about power? I've done searches but have found no 100vs125 forums.

I need some good advice on what to get her, she is not a timid girl by far. Been riding competive mountain bikes out of state for a good while, so she isn't afraid of riding hard. Plus another option is i can't find a good used KX100, but found a good 2006 Kawasaki KLX125L for about $1300

Help soon, and it is good to be back on Thumpertalk after being away so many years

ahhhh, just found this post KLX-125L or KX-100 for next wife bike , but anymore input will be nice

For $1300 I'd go for the KLX125. It's not much money and you can replace the bike quickly as she advances.It's a well behaved timid bike. My wife has the same build and the KLX was her first bike. She has picked it up quickly and now after 1 month we've started looking for another bike with better suspension and more motor for her. The KLX builds confidence rapidly for new riders.

thanks, the old post has everyone leaning towards the kx100, I am soooo confused

kx 100=100 foot jumps klx 125=12.5 foot jumps. Not totally true but sort of. I would get that 125 and if in a few months she doesn't like it you could always sell it and not loose to much money on it.