Sign in to follow this  

Trouble starting

hey my ttr 125l want start i went riding yesterday and it got mudywhen i came home i washed i off with a hose just for now and i couldnt get it back started i tried it agian today and it wasnt happen sometimes it will start but for two seconds and die out help? :thumbsup:

You probably got some of your wiring wet. Like your kill switch. Try blowing all of the water out of your kill switch. You might also need to clean your airfilter after a day in the mud. I used to have the same problem. You might also want to check if you are out, or low on gas. If you are low turn it to reserve, and if your out..well you know what to do. If all that doesn't work, clean out your carb jets, and get a new spark plug. My 250f would also have a simialr problem, I woud practice the mornig before the race, and everything was fine, then when I was getting ready for my race, my bike wouldn't start. We tried everything, pulled it, and the race went on without me. Later that night I went home, and changed my plug, and it fired right up. Good luck