Sign in to follow this  

new bike

i think i should get a new bike, i have been on an 80 for about 3 years, i am to the point where i can handle almost every obsacle with no problem, and i can hold it wide open and handle it very well, i am thinking about getting a new bike around winter so i can practice when we are not riding alot, and hopefully be at least as fast as i am on my 80 by spring, i am going to start looking now but have absolutly no idea what to get, i do not race so i do not just have to get 125 or 250, i have been looking at either a 03 or 04 250f or a ktm 200 or 250exc of a similar year, i dont want a 125 because it just doesnt seem like much of a step up from a moddified 80 anyone have any suggestions

You didn't say how big you were (height, weight, age, etc.) The 250F's are a pretty big step up from an 80 just on size of the bike alone. The KTM 200 sounds like an excellent choice for you.

My 13 year old son rides an 80. He's probably 5-5 tall and maybe 130 pounds? (he's tall and skinny for a 13 year old.) Saturday he got to ride my buddy's RM250 and loved it. He was able to stand with one foot flat and his 80cc experience had taught him how to ride it. I don't want him on a 125 because we ride mostly single track and staying up on the pipe might be too much for a long ride for him. Factor in where you will ride on what you get. Maybe a KDX 200 or 220?

i am only 5'1or 5'2 like 105 and going on 15 but my dad is only 5'3 and rides 125s and 250fs he knows how to lower a bike by at least 2 or 3 inches so i figure i will either grow into the bike or lower it a few inches, i started out on my cr80rb when i was only 4'8 or 4'9 and i did fine

My 13 year old son rides an 80. He's probably 5-5 tall and maybe 130 pounds? (he's tall and skinny for a 13 year old.) Saturday he got to ride my buddy's RM250 and loved it. He was able to stand with one foot flat and his 80cc experience had taught him how to ride it. I don't want him on a 125 because we ride mostly single track and staying up on the pipe might be too much for a long ride for him. Factor in where you will ride on what you get. Maybe a KDX 200 or 220?

the people i ride with ride 2 125 smokers 1 250 smoker and 3 guys ride 450s i dont think a kdx 200 or 220 would be a good bike for me i want a real step up if i am going to step up as in a big mabe 10 or 20 horsepower gain i dont see myself stepping up for at least 3 or 4 years after my next bike