Sign in to follow this  

Don't Laugh... JR50 Questions

Just bought the kid a JR50. I don't know sheeot about two smokes, except they are light and fast.

Here's the deal... at full throttle, she tends to bog uphill. Seems to clear up a bit if I drop the throttle ot 3/4. Main too big? 2 smoke mix wrong? fuel screw needing adjustment? A 4 stroke would be a main for sure... but this is new to me. Any advice?

Thanks!

All you can do is try-alot of those bikes just don't have the power-I'm not sure your problem is that unusual. I've seen alot of YZingers bog also. There is no fuel screw. Since is is a full throttle you may want to try replacing the main-I'd go two sizes smaller-see what that does

My boys had one years back, they just aren't built to be real snappy, I hope you took the restricter plate out of the exhaust down where it goes into the head, When i bought ours it would barely pull itself along i was ready to take it back till i read the manual and found it had that restrictor in there, thats my 2 cents. good luck!

My stepbrother had a pw80, which is fairly similiar. The bike ran like shit until we took the restriction off the pipe. That bike hauled ass! :thumbsup:

Not sure if it is so with the current JRs, but the older ones had a small plastic restrictor in the carb as well...kept the throttle from opening all the way. And they are definately jetted fat stock. Tdub