Sign in to follow this  

TE450 tires?

I'm replacing the tires on my 06 TE 450. My riding is desert terrain mostly rock with some sand and soft dirt. I've heard that Maxxis provide good wear in desert terrain but I was wondering what size other riders have gone with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm replacing the tires on my 06 TE 450. My riding is desert terrain mostly rock with some sand and soft dirt. I've heard that Maxxis provide good wear in desert terrain but I was wondering what size other riders have gone with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been using 120s. Went to a smaller size because the larger tire kept rubbing the can. The 120s are working fine with zero to minimal rubbing.

R

I prefer even smaller 110. Right now I've got a Kenda Trakmaster II 100/100 on, but it's about toast, next is either my IRC trials tire (with about 90% life left) or Maxxis IT 110/100, depends what rides present themselves in the next month or so. The 100/100 is too small, I just had one left over and needed to use it, I've killed it in about 400 miles and I'm light...the 450 just keeps ripping it apart on the rocks. :thumbsup:

For my TE450 I use a 140/80 IRC M5B now and am getting around 600 hard trail miles out of them. Before that the other brands lasted only 300 plus miles. On the front I am liking the Michelin MH3 Starcross. It's been a good combo and I have tried quite a few different setups now.

I put a set of Dunlop D606's on mine. Not really happy with the front as it doesn't seem to cut in on the turns as well as the D756 I have on the front of my DRZ. I've only run a couple of weekends with it though and may be running the pressure too high or something.

The D606 on the rear seems to be OK.