Sign in to follow this  

ASV Levers.....abd eBay !!!!

Well I won some auction for some ASV lever on eBay. They have an entire eBay Store for those who do not know. I was concerned about the condition because of the way they describe the levers.....

Lever is BLACK & Pro Perch is SILVER

RETAIL $105.00

Factory Refurbished by ASV. This is a lever that was returned under warranty, dis-assembled, damaged part (s) removed and rebuilt to factory spec. with new bearings & Spring. This is an earlier model from 2003-2004. This part may have any or all of the following; wear, scratches, marks from being straightened, discoloring, oxidation. This part may not match a current ASV lever you own or another you purchase through E-Bay. If you are looking for a perfect matching pair, it is suggested you purchase new ASV levers through an authorized ASV dealer or from the ASV website at www.asvinventions.com This part carries a 1-year guarantee from ASV. Photo shown is that of a new ASV lever from the ASV website. This lever sold new for $105.00

Factory Refurbished F3 Series Pro Model Clutch & Perch with Hot Start.

Unbreakable, adjustable reach, Forged, 6061 Aluminum 1-Year Guarantee.

So I was a little gun shy but I went ahead and figured that they are GUARANTEED!

So I ended up winning a ASV Clutch F3 Refurb Pro Model w/Hot Start BLACK & a ASV Brake Lever F3 Universal Fit Black Refurb.

Got the levers today and WOW they are basicall brand new the only flaw that I could see was on the brakes lever there was a small scratch.

So my total for the 2 levers $26.01+$26.04+$9.95(S&H)$62.00 shipped.

I'll post some pics later tonight...

theDogger

Yeah, I got a C5 clutch lever with the hotstart on it for $22 (with shipping). It was in a package and as far as I could tell was brand new. I also expected to get a somewhat used looking lever, but it wasn't.

Here is the store link...ASV Inventions

Oh ya also got a Brake Rotator Clamp that should be here tomorrow. For $12.00

They are always adding new stock....

theDogger

Considering the C5 levers with hotstart and perch cost near $130 new (and mine was new as far as I could tell) that was quite a deal.

Here is the store link...ASV Inventions

Oh ya also got a Brake Rotator Clamp that should be here tomorrow. For $12.00

They are always adding new stock....

theDogger

Cool thanks :thumbsup:

yes i purchased some c-5 in red a month or two ago and i am very pleased with them they look brand new as well!

I've got a noob question.

If you get the C5 clutch lever, perch with integrated hot start, what is the correct model for a matching brake lever and perch?

ben

I've got a noob question.

If you get the C5 clutch lever, perch with integrated hot start, what is the correct model for a matching brake lever and perch?

ben

The C5 lever. The lever is universal for most big bikes and works with the stock master cylinder/perch.

I like the F3 levers myself.

Well, I got a bid on a C5 setup for the clutch. We'll see what happens.

ben

I have the F3 levers on my bike.

The C5 levers are a POS. The shape sucks, they're too thin and the front of the lever has a ridge on it.

I have the F3 levers on my bike.

The C5 levers are a POS. The shape sucks, they're too thin and the front of the lever has a ridge on it.

The CNC'ing on the C5's sucks. The anodizing looks like crap and the shape is goofy, as well as the sharp edges like you said. :thumbsup:

The C5 lever. The lever is universal for most big bikes and works with the stock master cylinder/perch.

I like the F3 levers myself.

thats what i did... i got the C-5 with perch and then just got the C5 lever and put it on the stock perch for brakes!

Yeah I think their CAD guy and CNC programmer were drunk when they designed those C5s.

I wouldn't run those on my bike if they were given to me. :thumbsup:

GREAT. You post this right after I place a bid. Damn you man...

ben

You can always take some fine sand paper and smooth them out then polish them up if you win them. I'll do it for you even. :thumbsup:

If it's really ASV, go for it, they stand behind their warantee !!! My friend's kid broke his perch at Red Bud and some guy from the ASV tent CAME TO HIM on a bicycle and not only gave him a new one free, but put it on too! This really showed me they care!!!