Sign in to follow this  

Anyone used one of these hitch attatchments?

I don't know man that looks kind of sketchy.What about buying a used small trailer?

It's a car I'll be towing it with so that carrier wouldn’t work. :thumbsup:

I'm just looking for a quick fix now so I can actually transport my bike around at my own will.

Yes, I'm sure it'd put unnecessary wear on the bike.... but I can make one of these at no cost. Eventually I'll be getting a bike trailer.

That just looks like a horrible way to transport a bike. Even if you can build it for free.

Yeah, it's not the best option.... but my pickup is outta comish right now.

My main concern is it bouncing around... But honestly, I don't think I'd take this on a freeway or anything above 45.

I wouldn't trust this thing for an off-highway bike. It looks like the rear tire rides on the ground, and on pavement, that might destroy your rear tire. Also, think about those idiots out there who like to tailgate. You get rear-ended, kiss your bike goodbye!!!

wow..looks like some type of red neck rigged hauler..

Yep, might as well just ride the bike.

It's really not helpful to just look at the pic then talk crap about it.

My concern is the bike bouncing around due to weight. This is a temp solution so I can move my bike on my own free will. It will be for in-town use, not long trips. I won't use it on the freeway either.

I'm just curious as to if anyone has used one before for dirtbikes.

I don't know but if you are going to do that just strap your bike on top of your car, its probably safer and puts less wear on the bike. Ive seen it done before. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't. Looks scary. :ride:

But, I do like that blue Zrex in the first pic. :thumbsup:

This is a joke, right? Like wakeriders monster car pics? Please say yes.

But if not, you will run into NON-DOT approved tires legality, no reflective markings or lighting on trailer (and thats what this will be considered) even if it falls under Drive-Away, Tow Away laws.

By the time you add rear markers, turn, stop and tail lights, reflectivity, and DOT rear tire, you can get a cheapo trl for under $400 bucks, or just make friends with another rider in your area and have them pick you up.

But if not, you will run into NON-DOT approved tires legality, no reflective markings or lighting on trailer (and thats what this will be considered) even if it falls under Drive-Away, Tow Away laws.

By the time you add rear markers, turn, stop and tail lights, reflectivity, and DOT rear tire, you can get a cheapo trl for under $400 bucks, or just make friends with another rider in your area and have them pick you up.

:thumbsup: Hmmm, he's got a good point.

Hey, you're in Oregon... wanna be my friend? hahaha

I haven't looked into the laws, but I don't think you would need lights on something like this, would you? I think there's certain size and weight restrictions.

I may have found a better solotuion to this now however. I'm waiting on a call. I think I found myself a killer deal on a bike trailer.

Hey, you're in Oregon... wanna be my friend? hahaha

I haven't looked into the laws, but I don't think you would need lights on something like this, would you? I think there's certain size and weight restrictions.

I may have found a better solotuion to this now however. I'm waiting on a call. I think I found myself a killer deal on a bike trailer.

Hell, where are you? I'm always looking for someone to ride with. I'm west of Portland and ride TSF a lot. The trl sounds like a much better idea.

I live in Lake Oswego right by PCC Sylvania.

I'm kind of a n00b though.... I just started riding again.

Remind me what TSF is again.

I'm familiar w/ the area, just didn't place the acronym. I've got a chunk of property right by Jones Creek. Going up there in a few weeks to check out the riding at Jones Creek and South Fork.

The hell with that! Id never in a million years DRAG my $6000+ investment behind the back of my vehicle. You would be way better off with a Moto-Rack type hauler. Thats what I use. I dont see why you couldnt use it with a car besides it scraping going out of a driveway.