Sign in to follow this  

Rebuilding Top End?

Well I just wanted to get a final opinion if I should throw in a new piston and rings or not. I have 31 hours on the bike but its of hardcore racing. The bike still has great compression and starts first kick but im thinking its good ensurance to finish out the season on. I already have the piston/rings and gaskets so.... Yeah any last words?

always wear your protective gear :thumbsup:

you might be better off doing your top end.... just to be safe.

Word...thats what I thought. I already started stripping it down.

Thanks man. Yeah Im pretty proud of that. Haha i already have the bike stripped and the old piston out, just need to put it back together. Gosh I have too much spare time. :thumbsup:

Yup I did one on my 04. I figured it was a good thing to do since I had the parts already and I dont want it blowing up on me racing. Im happy though, the valves are still mint.

you should be able to completely remove your engine from your bike completeley disasemble it clean all the gaskets replace all the seals touch up the intake seats replace the crank and piston replace the engine add all fluids load it into your hauler and have it at the track by 1.30 this is if the track is only an hour away and you start @ 8 in the morning and this also inclueds drinking 2 cups of coffe so whats holding you back just do it.

you should be able to completely remove your engine from your bike completeley disasemble it clean all the gaskets replace all the seals touch up the intake seats replace the crank and piston replace the engine add all fluids load it into your hauler and have it at the track by 1.30 this is if the track is only an hour away and you start @ 8 in the morning and this also inclueds drinking 2 cups of coffe so whats holding you back just do it.

:thumbsup: 2 cups of coffee? i was thinking more like 3 or 4

RHC we aint all PRO CERTIFIED MECHANICS LIKE YOU HOME BOY.

i can do motor work, and stuff like that, but not in RECORD TIME. and im pretty sure, he already said he has it apart, and hes going to do it. :thumbsup:

you should be able to completely remove your engine from your bike completeley

making fun of me for doing that? :thumbsup:

o well, the bike is all apart now, going back together someday when i get money

well to tell you the truth its been a long time since i have done warranty repair on bikes and trided to beat flat rate time .but i have had 3 of these 250s apart in the last week and its gotten pretty routine i kind of suprized my self when it was done so early so i delivered it to the track and watched the races and brought home another one

It is done. I scared the crap out of myself. I couldnt sleep so I was working on it at 5 in the morning and when I went to go put the cam back in, Im guessing it skipped a bunch on the bottom gear so when I put it back in it was out of time. I went to turn it over by hand just to make sure everything was cool and all of a sudden the kickstarter jams and i hear a clank. The valves were hitting the piston. :thumbsup::ride: So yeah so I ran upstairs and passed out and then got it all back together this morning. Purrs like a kitten.

hahaha, working till 5 am whipes me out, i loose bolts that are in my hand, and cant find sockets that are being used on another bolt

hahaha, working till 5 am whipes me out, i loose bolts that are in my hand, and cant find sockets that are being used on another bolt

i'm like that all the time..... :ride: oh man i love working on these bikes :thumbsup:

smf919 is still alittle shy ----its gota be 8 cups if not 10 ,---coffee is my friend :thumbsup::ride:

smf919 is still alittle shy ----its gota be 8 cups if not 10 ,---coffee is my friend :thumbsup::ride:

:applause: with that much coffee i would be in the bathroom peeing as much as i would be working on the bike :applause:

imagin 10 cups of coffee befor a race? i wouldnt make it half way threw a heat without peeing my pants of all the adrenalin(sp)

Haha youd probably throw that stuff up before you had a chance to pee it out ...especially on a hot summer day. Its pretty nifty with my ADHD...If i drink a crap load of coffee it just helps me focous, hell of alot better than all the meds I tried it the past :thumbsup::applause::applause::ride: