Sign in to follow this  

FCR install / jetting questions!!!

Getting ready to install the FCR on my bike. I have everything except the exhaust (on its way) but before I proceed I need some input regarding the install and jetting.

Install questions:

Bike : 2005 DR-Z400SM

Carb: FCR from a 2005 DR-Z400E rejetted with James Dean kit (Carb has TPS)

These questions may sound pretty stupid but please bear with me...

1/ What is this thing at the tip of the red arrow?!?... I did a search but I all can find is pics of the newer FCR-MX and it does not have this part on its right side... is that the coast enricher?!? Looks like it needs a line to hook up somewhere else... Where?!?

DRZ_10.jpg

2/ I am going to use the E airboot and noticed that unlike the S it has no hookup for the oil vapor recycling line... What am I to do with the line?

3/ Vacuum union port nipple: found a thread showing it should go on the lower hole... now, do I just screw it in place or do you need some kind of sealant around the thread?

Jetting:

Bike : 2005 DR-Z400SM

Carb: FCR from a 2005 DR-Z400E rejetted with James Dean kit (Carb has TPS)

Alt : SEA LEVEL in Florida.

Intake: 3X3 with K&N Air filter / E airboot

Carb current settings:

160 Main JET (confirmed, I looked)

45 Pilot JET (confirmed, I looked)

200 Main air JET (per SUZUKI parts diagram, unconfirmed)

90 Pilot Air JET (confirmed, I looked)

Needle: The James Dean kit comes with 2 needles, one with red paint on top and one with blue paint.

The needle installed in the carb is the Blue one, clip is on the THIRD groove from the TOP

Fuel screw: Out, 2 turns

I need jetting for the following exhaust configurations:

a/ Stock E header and muffler (street commute / week days)

If I get tired of the above I will switch to:

b/ FMF powerbomb header and stock E muffler (street commute / week days)

And for all out fun:

c/ Full Yosh Ti exhaust (open road / weekends)

Thanks for your help!!!

1) there is a vacuum hose that goes from there to the cylinder so the coast enrichner functions.it will work as is,just doesnt cut the air on decel.not a issue.

2) you just vent it to the air.on a E model it goe sup and over the air boot and down toward the ground.

3)no sealant.it uses a copper sealing washer.

a & b use the same jetting.

what you have as delivered is correct.

for the open yosh ti pipe,no isert go to a 165 main jet.

:thumbsup: Thanks Eddie, you really are the man!!!

Just to make sure I fully understand the vacuum port thing: if I ever wanted to hook the coast enricher like it is on the E model AND re-use the S petcock that means I would need 2 union port nipples / copper washers instead of the 2 blank bolts on the head assembly, right?

Thanks for the pointers! I'll see how much room I have during the install then I'll decide which is the most convenient way to route this line...

:thumbsup: Thanks Eddie, you really are the man!!!

Just to make sure I fully understand the vacuum port thing: if I ever wanted to hook the coast enricher like it is on the E model AND re-use the S petcock that means I would need 2 union port nipples / copper washers instead of the 2 blank bolts on the head assembly, right?

correct.

Great! I will be putting everything together next week and will post the results when I am done :thumbsup: