Sign in to follow this  

WB Carbon Fiber Pro, how to quiet it down?

I picked up a WB Carbon Fiber Pro full system over the weekend for my 04, for 300 bones I couldnt pass it up. But heres my problem, it doesnt have a tuneable end cap like the new Pro II, and I know it wont pass a sound test for one of the series I do.

My first thought for this was to drill and tap the end cap, then find an insert that would fit, I was actually hoping WB made one, but I couldnt find anything. I gotta get that thing down to 98db, I dont even know if thats possible.

The other thought was trying to buy a "new" style end cap, and putting that on, then at least I could use the different size inserts. :thumbsup:

Any ideas?

Not much you can do...I think for little money WB will put on a new endcap and you can get a quiet insert then.

going to give WB a call tomorrow, maybe I can send to them.

I used Silent Sport when I repacked the stocker, so far its worked pretty well :thumbsup: . But the OE on the 450, isnt very quiet to begin with :ride:

BTW, hows that yellow yami?

going to give WB a call tomorrow, maybe I can send to them.

I used Silent Sport when I repacked the stocker, so far its worked pretty well :thumbsup: . But the OE on the 450, isnt very quiet to begin with :applause:

BTW, hows that yellow yami?

hey what about a flame arrester will it quiet it down?

The yello yami is awesome....whatever you do Brian ..... do not ride one :ride:

the spark arrestor has no way to mount, so I would have to drill and tap the end cap, which is no big deal if I can find one to fit. I just dont want to buy 2-3 to find out which one fits.

Ive heard they ride great. I dont know anyone with one, so I cant sneak a ride, and your too damn far away.