Sign in to follow this  

01yz250f

how tall would you guys reccomend being to be on an 01 yz250f, i am kind of short and would like to make the transition from 80 2 stroke to 250f, i know of a way to take out 2 inches of seat hight by shaving foam but are there any other ways? i will be using it for offroad with an occasional trip to the track, alot of woods riding having to deal with gnarly hillclimbs,and rock crawling, will the 01 work for me? and is there anything i should know about? i am used to a 2 stroke so starting will be a little rocky at first for me, is the 01 really bad about starting?

I have seen a lowering kit for the 250fs some where in my Dirt Rider mag. I will have to look around to give you a link.

1. Check the Valve Clearance - First signs of hard starting

2. Do the 03 Cam Mod - Starting is much easier and you can bump start it

3. Change the rear sprocket to 50t. Gives you a little more low end for trail riding.

4. Get a good aluminum skid plate for the rocks

what kind of price should i expect for a stock 01yz250f?

I have a 2001 yz250f and it was a hard to start at first, but you have to know the sequence with the compression lever, and then it will fire every time.(usually,) It's pretty easy. You could always get an auto-decompression kit if it s too hard. Check the spark plug often also. If you don't know the sequence, reply and I'll let you know.

Around here (MN) the used bike market is dead, so I picked mine 02 up for $2100 out the door. If you can save a little and get an 03 I would. New style bike with better options

Here is the link for the lowering kit.

http://www.mountainmotorsports.biz/loweringlink.php

It does not look like it works with a 01. I would give them a call and see why it would not work.