Sign in to follow this  

ttr125: adjusting the carb for more airflow

Right now, I am running a UNI pod filter on my ttr125, and it seems like it is really sucking for air. :ride: I went up to a 110 main jet, and backed the idle off a little, but that was even worse, so I went back to the stock. I know the airbox mod is good, but with the pod filter, that doesn't help. I know a few carb options are yz80, and the BBR kit, but the yz80 is for a two smoke, and is way different than a ttr, and not made for it, and the BBR is just expensive. :applause::applause:

I live in southeast colorado. So the rich jetting doesn't work. If anyone has any advise please let me know. Thanks :thumbsup:

What is your elevation? Most of the advice in the sticky's is for under 3000 ft above sea level.

The higher you go, the leaner you go.

yz80 carb will work, its been done many times on here.

Bikes come from the factory jetted for "average" conditions. Try going down one or two sizes, you might be surprised.

I don't think the YZ carbs will help you much, as its a air strangulation issue you are fighting, But the 26mm keihin does make an awesome difference on the TTR, it comes on harder and pulls stronger, and for longer than the stocker. I have one on the Mrs 01 TTR125L, and I believe it made more power than all the "free mods", but to make it worthwhile, do the exhaust and airbox first.

Try posting your ? in the jetting forum, Burned seems to know his stuff down pat.