Sign in to follow this  

DRZ-SM tripple clamps

Anybody make tripples with the correct offset (16mm) for the SM yet? If not will I feel a difference if I got 20mm rm 250 tripples? I must have bent my stockers cause I can't get the wheel lined up right.

You would be fine with 21.5mm offset 05 RM clamps.

I doubt you bent them. Did you loosen the top clamp nut on the stem and all the triple clamp components / axle?

I did all that but the stem bolt. I even made sure the axle spun free in the forks. The only way I could get things in line is to loosen it up, then tighten it down while still pushing on it. Other wise it just went right back to being 1 to 1/2 inch off center. I was thinking of these: http://www.motostrano-store.com/rienoftrcl.html

I'm not sure of the offset, but if it's 16 mm going to 21.5 mm would be a HUGE change. Many times you can swap say a 24 mm for a 22 mm to affect a significant handling change. a 5.5 mm change is WAY outside the norm. I don't have specific info for this application but that amount of offset change on any bike would scare the hell out of me unless it's proven and I got to try before I buy.

I do agree that it's highly unlikely you bent the stockers. Loosen EVERYTHING. Axle, fork tube clamps, stem nut and start over.

It's hard to tell with the stock H-lamp mounting system. I guess I could really dig in and take it all apart.