Sign in to follow this  

WORCS update

I just did the WORCS race @ burnt ridge this weekend (ATV's) and let me tell ya, you local guys are gonna have the edge over the desert racers. Its tight-tight-tight. I saw what they are having you guys ride through, jeez man. The MX track is simple, all the jumps are easy. We even had one of our crazy guys huck the big table in his rhino! Damn near cleared it too. Good thing for long travel suspension. :thumbsup:

It was pretty primative but since us ATVer's went through, its been blown open a bit, some of the re-routed course for the dirtbikes is still pretty hairy though. Its rutted like crazy through the pines, and watch out for trees, roots, more roots, and stumps. Slower is faster for sure. They did an awesome job on keeping the dust down, they even had water in the woods. They groomed the MX everyday. Some of the track even goes through the parking/camping area. Get there early for a good spot, parking is very limited and inclined so bring your wooden planks to level your camper. Great track though.

If you want to get some practice for this round, go to Capitol forrest, Tahuya, or find a wooded area and try to ride through it as fast as you can.

I overheard a group of Ca & Az guys saying that they just cant ride in these tight woods with the elevation changes and stuff, and that they cant wait till they get back to the later rounds back in the open desert.

Good luck you guys. The Wa ATVer's dominated the podiums AGAIN, so you guys keep it going!!

The course was different. Not the norm for WORCS. I took a walk in the tree section near the exit out to the field. The roots are a mess. We will see what happens. Some areas on the track were getting shiney and hard. Watch out for fresh water being applied. It will be dusty.

The course was different. Not the norm for WORCS. I took a walk in the tree section near the exit out to the field. The roots are a mess. We will see what happens. Some areas on the track were getting shiney and hard. Watch out for fresh water being applied. It will be dusty.
I swept the quad race on my dirt bike last weekend....the trees are wide enough just keep out of the inside ruts on the tight corners. :thumbsup: tested my Cycra bark busters when I forgot that. :applause: The roots are fine....I thought this was offroad racing? :ride:

The course was fun and fast.

Dusty....Yes.

The MX track was open and smooth. That will probably change when the bikes get out on it...the quads make for some nice smooth corners. :applause: