Sign in to follow this  

Evart...personal best

Being that My riding buddies and I are from the Windsor,Ont. area,we have found this trail to be the most challenging and closest for our access.This past weekend (Aug 5th) we were at the trail head at 7:30 a.m. and making tracks at 8,this was a result from leaving after work on the Friday and camping at mud lake.

I was the odd man out as the 2 other riders rode at a slower pace (no offence here!),but I needed to go out there and try to get back to my personal best of 1:20 which I did 5 years ago on a 125 yamaha,the problem I'm fighting to come anywhere near this time again is that I severely broke my wrist about the same time back in 2001,have not done much riding since then,and not keeping myself in the best of shape,and the last one just recently married...I KNOW,I KNOW EXCUSES.

Well after the ride I put an honest time in of 1:32 on my new 300 Gasser,and it felt good!( no matter what the time was)Anyways I'm looking to get back out for another ride on the 26th of August,hoping to hook up with some more riders for another early a.m. start. :thumbsup:

Hey you guys got any cool places to ride in canada over there, say within an hour or two of detroit or sarnia?

Being that My riding buddies and I are from the Windsor,Ont. area,we have found this trail to be the most challenging and closest for our access.This past weekend (Aug 5th) we were at the trail head at 7:30 a.m. and making tracks at 8,this was a result from leaving after work on the Friday and camping at mud lake.

I was the odd man out as the 2 other riders rode at a slower pace (no offence here!),but I needed to go out there and try to get back to my personal best of 1:20 which I did 5 years ago on a 125 yamaha,the problem I'm fighting to come anywhere near this time again is that I severely broke my wrist about the same time back in 2001,have not done much riding since then,and not keeping myself in the best of shape,and the last one just recently married...I KNOW,I KNOW EXCUSES.

Well after the ride I put an honest time in of 1:32 on my new 300 Gasser,and it felt good!( no matter what the time was)Anyways I'm looking to get back out for another ride on the 26th of August,hoping to hook up with some more riders for another early a.m. start. :thumbsup:

Give a shout if your headed out on the 26th. I haven't been to Evart this year.

Unfortunatley we Don't,you really need to travel a minimum of 4-5 hrs. North from Windsor.

For us Windsorites,Michigan is the "GEM"!!! :thumbsup:

Im in for an early ride also. Just let us know when and Ill try to be there. Havent been to evart this year either. I have a goal of 1.32 I need to beat!

1:20. Wow, thats pretty fast. I haven't ridden Evart in a few years. I'm heading up this weekend for a Saturday ride. We're talkin about Evart or North Kalkaska & Frederick again.

Where in Northern Ontario would you ride if you went that far. I was scoping out the landscape near Collingwood in March, but I didn't see any signs of ORV trails up there.

Good luck on the 26th. Son's B'day party that weekend, or I'd be happy to join.

The best place that I know is a place called the Ganraska forest,I do all my trail rides in Michigan,and a handfull of harescrambles in Ontario.The problem over here is that you need insurance and a offroad plate to be legal.

I'm plated and insured, but probably not to OPP or the ministry's standards. I'm not truly legal here, but the bike came plated so I got away with one. Haven't been stopped yet, but now that I said that, I'll get it.