Sign in to follow this  

Rich Horstmeyer (TheGitch) Needs Your Prayers...

Today I learned that Rich is in the hospital, awaiting tests that seems to be pointing towards an aggressive form of leukemia. :applause: I talked to Rich by phone today and he sounds weak, but he's in good spirits and wanted me to let everyone know.

Please lift up Rich and his family in your thoughts and prayers today. Let's all do our part to help Rich "GitchSlap" whatever it is he's up against. :applause:

We're pulling for your Rich! :ride::thumbsup:

Rich is currently at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, KS, Room #2224 if you'd like to send on a card or whatever you might feel compelled to send.

I'll update everyone as new info because available.

Sorry to hear that Richard is having to go through a such side effect. I hope he pulls it clearly and recovers well.

I just sent him a PM. I think that everyone that reads this should send him a get well message untill his box is full. :thumbsup:

I just learned that Rich's test came back NEGATIVE for leukemia and his blood condition is improving! Evidently, Rich has a muscle disease he's been dealing with and it seems to have been the cause of the symptoms of this scare. Damn... I'm sure the last few days have been pretty stressful, waiting to find out if you have blood cancer or no. Good news Rich! You'll be back to "Gitchslapin'" in no time!

Great news! I hope that everything turns out fine and he'll be back on the bike in no time!

Get Well Soon Gitch!

This place needs a good Gitch-Slappin' time to time.

Excellent news indeed!! When Mrs. Gitch went through her medical problems a couple years ago, I got him in touch with one of the best doctors in Kansas City. The company I worked for at the time hosted clinical trials and we worked with some of the most prominent doctors in the business.

I learned a lot about Rich then and what a trooper he is. For those of you who don't know him, he's one of the most genuine people you could ever know.

We're here for you Rich so don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you need.

I'm on the phone with him right now. He sounds so much better today than the last few days that I have talked to him!!! Looks like things are getting better for the Gitchmeister!!!

:ride::thumbsup::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I hate to hear bad news like that, makes me cringe. Glad to hear its not life threatening. Get well soon Gitch. :thumbsup: