Blown TE570 motor

Today it happened.... connecting rod decided to go through the crankcase of my Husky TE570. I need new engine ? I don't know yet what caused this, but will disassemble the engine soon. Seems that bottom end bearing failed causing connecting rod to brake. There were no audible signs of this coming. Engine was working perfectly, all fluids in place and engine was not heavily loaded and not overheated. Suddenly it started to make sharp noises and in few seconds it stopped, blocked the rear wheel of course.

Now there is big hole in the crankcase, both sides damaged. You can see the piston from the hole and it has slight damages also as crank has wiped the bottom parts away.

Damages noticed so far:

- crankcase, both sides

- connecting rod and bearing

- piston

Will post some pictures soon.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Regards,

Endo

Waw big time damage never seen or heared of a rod breaking like this on a non race 570.I heared a NOX blew up snapping a rod in a British Supermoto race a few years ago.This has been the only one I know of.I have seen a few Big end bearing failers but never a rod break.This must have been a faulty con rod badly forged or something.

Hi all,

Ok engine has been disassembled and problem identified. Connection rod had probably defects, small cracks in the bearing side and in one moment it just did not handle the force. It broke into the pieces and crank pushed those through the crankcase. It also touched the piston and piston broke the bottom end of cylinder. So the only parts I can reuse are Crank, cylinder head and the gearbox. All the rest needs to be replaced. New engine basically ?

Here are the new pictures:

http://www.hot.ee/endoviires/index.html

Regards,

Endo