Sign in to follow this  

good deal?

You could probaby get it for $1200. For another couple hundered you could probably find a 03 or newer.

I would stay away from it.

It has an internal waterpump. Meaning if you have a seal problem , you must split the cases. The 96 model was the first year for this setup....I had a 98 , never had any issues , but only kept it from 01 to 03 , and it had maybe 50 hours on it when I sold it.

The suspension was excellent, and it handled good.

But 1500 is too much , unless it is showroom condition.

see ya

man if u want that bike then get it, i would say offer 1200 cash and see where that gets u, just make sure u ride it before buying.

Dude, stay away from used bikes that have a brand new top end done on it. That sounds like a good thing, but most of the time it is not. If it siezed up pretty bad, then most likely piston/bore shaveings have gotten in the motor. Unless they did a full rebuild top and bottom. Most likely they are selling it because it has become un-reliable. Metal shaveings can find it's way back up and tear your new cylinder hone up and pitt the crown of the piston and bring you back where you started. Make sure they changed out the top end for maintanance. Trust me, I have been down this road.

Dude, stay away from used bikes that have a brand new top end done on it. That sounds like a good thing, but most of the time it is not. If it siezed up pretty bad, then most likely piston/bore shaveings have gotten in the motor. Unless they did a full rebuild top and bottom. Most likely they are selling it because it has become un-reliable. Metal shaveings can find it's way back up and tear your new cylinder hone up and pitt the crown of the piston and bring you back where you started. Make sure they changed out the top end for maintanance. Trust me, I have been down this road.

Or maybe they put a new top end in it bc it was time for one :thumbsup:. Maybe they want to sell it so they can get a newer bike, or just dont want to ride anymore, but just bc it has a new top end in it does NOT mean its unreliable. I put aobut 2-3 new top ends in my bikes every year, and if you dont put top ends in then your bike may seize :ride:

READ THE SECOND TO THE LAST SENTENCE YOU FAG. I said make sure it was done for maintanance! Dumb sh*t read the post before you bash on people. Ofcourse you are soppossed to do top ends for maintanance, but all I was saying was don't think just because it has a new top end everything is dandy. :thumbsup: