Sign in to follow this  

Help!! Whats wrong??? Urgent help please!

Hi guys I was just ut gettin my crf ready for practice tomorrow. Well heres the prob the bike was running perfect the last time I used it okay. Since then I washed it and tonight put in a fresh air filter and checked oil levels. It took a few kicks to start and with some throttle (usually 1 kick and no throttle). It sounded liked a harley. Not the smooth engine it was. When tickin over I can hear the auto decomp clicking and the engine cuts out after a few secs (usually stays tickin over).The bike is not clear sounding. I'm too afraid to run it incase I do damage. Any ideas??? Also I thought I smelt a kind of burning when it fired soon. Please reply soon as Its 22.00 here and I'm workin up until I leave for practice tomorrow so I need help now.

Just to let you know. I went back out. Fired it up took after kicks and after a few secs it ran perfect again &%$#@! :thumbsup::ride::applause: . What happened???? :applause: All I can think of is water up the exhaust! I use the rubber things but only have one so some water may have got up there. :applause: But I always turn my bike over til TDC so the valves are closed. Any other Ideas? :applause: Everthing seems to be ok mow, nut I'm gonna keep a close eye on her!

You filled the headpipe with water and it sounded like a boat idling in the water, didn't it? Did you notice all the water getting pumped out the exhaust?

you have to take off the little cap underneath the tranny oil check bolt and align the mark on the gear to the mark on the case.

That would be TDC. Just a hair past the click.

ya i wanted to kno, becuz i heard that saves ur valve life? wen ur not riding ur bike, get it to TDC so there isnt ne pressure on the valve springs?

No it wasn't horseing water out! I'm very careful about lettin water up the pipe. If there was any it was minimal. I'm not totally ignorant to these things!