Sign in to follow this  

Another what should I sell it for...

What do you guys think?

05 CRF450R

Very clean other than some scracthes on the plastic. Tires is okay shape, all stock again. Nothing special on it anymore other than the ASV Pro clutch perch and lever. Revalved suspension but otherwise stock. Of course it runs great and has always been very well maintained.

Hurry now kids, a once in a lifetime chance to own the bike used by the rider formerly know as RedBeard!!

Hurry now kids, a once in a lifetime chance to own the bike used by the rider formerly know as RedBeard!!

Unfortunately it's now only a shadow of it's former self but still a great bike.

I would think you could get at least $4500 for it, put it down for $4800 and drop the price if necessary.

ben

I would think you could get at least $4500 for it, put it down for $4800 and drop the price if necessary.

ben

The only thing is I've seen guys dumping their 05's with tons of trick stuff for $4200! :ride:

I guess that will only happen every now and then when a guy really needs the cash. :thumbsup:

ben

Yeah, it looks to me that ~$4500 is what theyre going for 'round here... I dont like the serious depreciation, but the dealers were clearing out '05's for ~$4600 since like January. Take a look at craigslist.org, gomxracing.com, and cycletrader.com to see what the going prices are...

It's amazing to me how low '05's are going for around here...$3800 - $4200 for some very decent ones. The depreciation on these things is getting nuts.

you should be in the ball park. shouldn't it do that in the tt classifieds :thumbsup:

Sometimes if you sell the bike in your own neigborhood with it just sitting outside for sale you can attract dudes that are not hip on the prices from ebay and such and get a much better buck for them.

Umm, what street or location will it be on and will it be there at night? :thumbsup:

The only thing is I've seen guys dumping their 05's with tons of trick stuff for $4200! :applause:

I guess that will only happen every now and then when a guy really needs the cash. :ride:

wow, seems like these bikes are getting cheap....maybe because there are so many of them floating around now :applause: If I didn't have my '03 set up to my exact likings (well, almost), I'd be tempted to get a newer one :applause: I think this one will have to last me for another 5 years though :thumbsup:

What do you guys think?

05 CRF450R

Very clean other than some scracthes on the plastic. Tires is okay shape, all stock again. Nothing special on it anymore other than the ASV Pro clutch perch and lever. Revalved suspension but otherwise stock. Of course it runs great and has always been very well maintained.

Remove the mods from your Honda, sell the parts, put the stock pipe back on it, sell the Yamaha, change your name back to Redbeard and live happily ever after.

I picked up my 05 in nearly new condition still with the stock tires, Works Connection Skid and Engine Guards, Moose Handguards, New uninstalled Renthal Chain and Sprockets, Carbon Fiber Rad Guards, and 510 Countershaft Guard for $3700 in North Carolina.

The chance of buying a grenade is what drives the price of used 4-bangers down imo... Gone are the days when you could stick a new top-end in it for $90 and be good to go for a year or two of hard riding.