Sign in to follow this  

XR100R kickstarter question

Im in need of a kickstarter for my XR100R and all the ones i see on ebay have the bend in them and the pivot point at the top.

Well the one on my 87 has no bend and the pivot point is right at the bottom (right above the shaft mount) and tapers outwards to miss the brake linkage.

Im assuming this kicker is just off another bike and the ones i see on ebay (even one thats listed for an 87) will work.

But im concearned because they look like the bend doesnt go out .......... and my rear brake linkage is right inline with the splines on the shaft.

does anyone have any good pics where i can see how the kicker by-passes the brake linkage??

I hate to buy one and it wont work.

There are two basic types of kick staters The one that looks kind of like a five and one that looks like a seven. They stop using the one that looks like a seven because it hits the stock exhaust.

Im just worried about the one that looks like a 5 because it looks like it would hit my brake linkage.

Does it have a taper to the outside to miss that or is it pretty much inline with the spline??