Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke or 4 stroke

i currently own a wr 250 2006 model i have hade it for about 3 months now i have been reasonably happy with the performance and handling so far, but i went on an organized bike ride that was sandy whoopy and rocky uphill sections and there was a fair amount of the ktm 200exc's getting around there was one in perticular that i was following and the only time i could pass was either long excelleration or the rocky uphill sections but when tight turns or just single track it would get back past me, i heard that 2 strokes arnt as agressive as the motorcrossers are. any feedback would be much apreciated please include good and bad things also cost for matainance ect.

I think there is a saying that it is 90% rider 10% bike if you couldn't pass the KTM on any other place but out dragging him then maybe he is just a better rider than you :thumbsup:

I think there is a saying that it is 90% rider 10% bike if you couldn't pass the KTM on any other place but out dragging him then maybe he is just a better rider than you :thumbsup:

Well thats a nice way of putting it

LOL

Agreed about the rider part, but yes the ktm200 will work a wr250 in all situations. You got around him on long straights because he ran out of gearing, not power.