Sign in to follow this  

2005 DRZ 400S..Any tips for more power?

I bought a new 2005 DRZ400s last year and haven't had much money to dump into it. but now I was wondering if anybody knows what i could do to get some more horses?

I'm guessing re-jetting and a pipe, but I'm not sure what to do as far as correct jetting and which would be the best pipe?

Any other suggestions for more power would be appreciated too.

One of the cheapest and most noticable mods I would say is changing out the sprockets from 15/44 to 14/47.

Have you done anything to it yet?

just put a 47 on the back, so i can ride 2nd thru 5th gear wheelies, but i need more power... My buddy said the best thing to do is rejet, but i dont know what the best jetting is with the best pipe...

This is a great place to start:

http://www.drz.info/drz/

Best pipe is the Yosh Ti. Eddie did a pipe shootout and posted the dyno charts a while ago. But if you do a lot of dirt you may want to get the Yosh RS3 or a Muzzy instead. If noise is a concern the FMF powerbomb + Q2 is quieter.

The Yosh Ti costs just over $600 online. For this price you could get an FCR which may be a better investment...

Get a pipe, muffler, do the 3x3 and re jet. That turned my 05 S into a true dirt bike...

pulls hard to the limiter now and never lets me down off road.

my jetting is:

3x3

Q2 and Powerbomb

145 MJ

25 PJ

2.75 on fuel screw

4th clip

Bike runs perfect! :thumbsup:

haven't had much money to dump into it. but now I was wondering if anybody knows what i could do to get some more horses?

I did the 3x3, Dynojet, airscrew and took a holesaw to the stock exhaust. it cost about $85.00 and now pulls alot harder and wheelies easier. It's a cheap way to start. Got the parts from TT store.