Sign in to follow this  

hydraulic clutch for kx500??

i have a 2000 kx500, and want to put a hydraulic clutch on it, only i haven't seen one for the 500, only a 250....does anybody have one? if so is it on a 500?...i rode my buddy's kx250 with one, man it was like butter, i have to have one...any help would be much appreciated.

I know Magura makes them for the K5. I've been thinking about one myself. :thumbsup:

The clutch on my 500 is TOUGH. My left fingers are twice the size of my right ones

Now I simply don't use the clutch anymore.

all kidding aside, I have been thinking hydraulic also. FIRST, I NEED a steering stabilizer (another BIG dollar item)

alot of people i know dont like them

Well when you have some actuall details WHY alot of people dont like them then post your comments, other than that thanks for the tip.

alot of people I know LOVE them.

I love the hydraulic clutch on my KTM.

A couple of years ago I dislocated my left thumb in a wipeout 10 miles from home while riding my 2000 KX500. After poping it back into place I had to ride home, and boy did I wish I had one then! Try working that clutch lever without using your thumb as leverage.

I am not a big person by any means, 150 pounds and don't have trouble with my stock KX500 clutch. Its a little harder than my KX250. I don't use the clutch that much riding in the desert. Maybe climbing into some rocky sections.

I don't like how the hydrualic clutches feel on my road bikes either. Seems to be easier to feel and slip it with the cable and its feedback.

try an MSR easy clutch lever 1st.has 3 settings.only thing it does is change your engagement point which takes some getting used to.ran one on all of my cr500's.

try an MSR easy clutch lever 1st.has 3 settings.only thing it does is change your engagement point which takes some getting used to.ran one on all of my cr500's.

hhhhmmmmm...something to think about...thanks to all for the replies, i found the magura one...275$....when i ride the desert, i don't use the clutch either, but i ride everything...desert, single track, dunes...after about 30 min of constantly workin that clutch...a hydraulic would be nice :thumbsup:

I have one on my 03 CRF450. I like it so much that I'm thinking about adding one to my 04 KX250 which is my woods bike. They are super smooth and trouble free. If you want to get a feel for one before you buy it, go ride a Husky or a KTM for about 10-15 minutes. I was sold!

I have one on my 03 CRF450. I like it so much that I'm thinking about adding one to my 04 KX250 which is my woods bike. They are super smooth and trouble free. If you want to get a feel for one before you buy it, go ride a Husky or a KTM for about 10-15 minutes. I was sold!

I spent a day riding a KTM 400EXC, and man what a sweet effortless clutch. The only drawback is it took some getting used to vs. cable. My clutching timing was all wrong, and hydraulic clutchs have no "free play" so hydraulic has a much different feel to them.