Lake County Indiana fair races

I was there with my 2 kids all 3 days. My little guy raced 50 7-8 and finished 2, 2, and 1st on Sunday. My 13 year old raced 85 12-15 and went 9, 5, and 7th. Funny thing though as we were packing up Sunday night one of the kids that finished ahead of him all 3 nights jumped in a truck and drove away. He obviously was 16 or older, but thats what I`ve come to expect at fair races. We have been racing here for 4 consecutive years, but I think this will be our last time. The track design was horrible, we watched several major crashes on the step on/off. After several people went to Vaughn to complain finally on Saturday night they put a lip on it, unfortuanately too late for some riders. Considering he owns a track, I really expected better. And don`t even get me started on the 1 dollar plaques.

I did not catch that, but just went to look and your right. So instead of them giving dollar plaques, they gave 50 cent defective plaques because whoever made them probably cut a deal since they were printed wrong.

I heard the track sucked. I also heard the start was pretty sketch. I've heard numerous complaints all week about the fair race in Lake County. A few of the flaggers and workers told me - Von didn't pay them a penny to work.

Von should worry about getting his own track, Crossings MX, in better shape than doing these fair races. The way his track is now, I can only imagine what his fair tracks look like. :applause:?:ride:

I agree about the track conditions. They were not in the best shape. My sons also raced the 85cc 7 - 11 and 85cc 12-15 (#10 YZ 85) and it was their first race. They had fun. I on the other hand had went down in the turn on the backside just after the rythem section and broke my clutch lever and lightly hurt my foot. That should of been my sign to call it a day, but I decided to fix the lever and wrap my foot. At the main event my hurt foot slipped off after the jump at the start and it twisted when I came down and I drove the bike off the track to get out of the way and as I was going to lean the bike against the fence I rolled over an underground bee nest. Needless to say I was stung 11 times on my back, neck, wrist and arm. I am alright though. I never knew that you could die if you are allergic to stings. The EMT asked me if I had trouble breathing and I said no. He was the one that explained what happens when you are allergic and get stung. All in all it was a decent weekend. The prices could have been better.

Von should worry about getting his own track, Crossings MX, in better shape than doing these fair races. The way his track is now, I can only imagine what his fair tracks look like. :applause:?:ride:

The Crossings are done! The land has been re-zoned residential and they closed on the first loan on Thursday. Vaughn is developing the land himself and selling houses and lots. He said he will continue to do the fairs.

I have been there the last three years and there has always been a bad area of the track. Its usually some type of rhythm section that doesn't work well for Int and Beginners. This year the step on, step off was the bad part.

I think I have more fun racing at Dirt MX.

I agree, its about the money for him. He isn't a rider so he doesn't know what works or not. He listens to some "friends" who happen to be fast and they tailor the tracks to the faster few rather than the slower majority. It was the same way at the Crossings, some of the jumps were too big and if you were a beg or int you couldn't go fast on the track.

Anyway, we can hope next year is better. Until then, Dirt MX and Motoland will have to do for me.