Community ride in Mi???

Part of the problem is all you guys live down state. I ride every weekend, usually by myself and out my back door.

Anybody from the northwest LP that want's to trade trail secrects, let me know.

Anybody that wants to come up for a day or two let me know.

Do you guys ever get together and ride for a day or weekend??? Other than official rides like the Safari... Just wondering if there are any plans to do a ride this summer/fall... It would be cool to meet a bunch of you guys and ride for a bit... yes/no??? Just wondering...

Just continue to monitor this sight. Good chance I"ll be at either Evart or Long lake this weekend. There is usually a post every week about who is riding where. ?

Missaukee Junction is SW of Long Lake by about 4 miles...... it's on 30 road 3/4 miles WEST of old US131.

Missaukee North is N of Long Lake..... the trail head is about 4 miles north of Manton on old US 131 about 1/2 SW of where it joins US131.

Two different loops with two different names.

I think he said Missaukee Jct.....

?

zues did you notice the military appears to enlarging camp grayling, I think on the southwest side? I was riding there a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see the 2 track next to the base gone and a good 1/4 mile square section beginning to be landscaped.

Ya that is the new FOB site. And if you have any questions my wife is the range schedualer for camp Grayling. Watch out riding in that area of cleared land and big burms. They are watching and giving tickets. Some Quad people that live about a mile or so away have been destroying stuff and the Conservation officers in the area are on it.

I thought that was state land surrounding the base? I know they share the surrounding area with the civilians because I have ridden through areas more than once when they are doing training. We were even flagged off a trail once so that we would not interrupt a staged sneak attack. With explosions. How does the base go about getting more land to expand into?

Missaukee Junction is SW of Long Lake by about 4 miles...... it's on 30 road 3/4 miles WEST of old US131.

Missaukee North is N of Long Lake..... the trail head is about 4 miles north of Manton on old US 131 about 1/2 SW of where it joins US131.

Two different loops with two different names.

I think he said Missaukee Jct.....

?

Dohhh..... I stand corrected. Where you headed afterwards ? Long Lake?

I thought that was state land surrounding the base? I know they share the surrounding area with the civilians because I have ridden through areas more than once when they are doing training. We were even flagged off a trail once so that we would not interrupt a staged sneak attack. With explosions. How does the base go about getting more land to expand into?

The military only gets new land when they trade land to people. This is only done to get a chunk of private land that may be in the middle of a range or in some firing zone. And almost all of Crawford county is State Military land. The Dnr still takes care of it but the military can do what they want. Like putting up fences and such.

And when I said don't ride around the FOB site I meant to say just don't ride on the burms or inside the site. You can still ride the trails in the area if you have an SOS plated vehical. Just those pesky Quads that are illegal have been desroying stuff in the area. Some rednecks still think an ORV sticker allows them to ride all trails in the lower peninsula.