Sign in to follow this  

Which SS line and where to buy @ good $$$

Looking for some SS lines front and rear. I know there are several out there just wanted some input and who has then for a decent price!

theDogger

I've had good luck with Galfer...

I did not have a good experience with the Fastline. It was too narrow where it clamps to the front fork guard. I had to add eletrical tape to build up the diameter to get the clamp to work correctly.

I did not have a good experience with the Fastline. It was too narrow where it clamps to the front fork guard. I had to add eletrical tape to build up the diameter to get the clamp to work correctly.

Do yourself a favor and split a piece of automotive fuel line. It'll look alot cleaner. :thumbsup:

I've had good luck with Galfer...

I just tried one of those and it was an inch shorter than my stock cable, and with my setup that made it on the tight side...so I returned it. Is there a brand that is definitely stock length, I would really like to get a bit more stopping power. If I go into corners hot and I need to hit the brakes hard, it feels mushy :thumbsup:

get some good break pads, and make sure you breaks are bleed really really good. they deffenitly shouldn't feel mushy!

My rear line just sprung a leak and put fluid all over the swingarm. CRFSonly.com has Galfer SS rear for $40 for '04-'06.

get some good break pads, and make sure you breaks are bleed really really good. they deffenitly shouldn't feel mushy!

Brake pads are new and brake line has been freshly bled. The brakes are actually touchy under "normal" circumstances, it's only when I start pushing it hard into corners and want to slow down quickly to make a hairpin turn...it does slow down quick, but it still feels "mushy" I don't want to have to feel like I have to mash on the brake so hard in order for it to slow down in the short distance...it's more of a comfort thing I guess :thumbsup: