Few Questions

Bike: 2005 KX250F

(1) The bolt holding the stock silencer vibrated out while I was riding and was damaged beyond repair by the rear brake caliper assembly on the swingarm (long story, so dont ask). Will an '04 - '06 stock sliencer fit on my '05?

(2) I noticed my sprocket bolts kept backing out, so I replaced them with a set from Motosport Outlet. Lock-tited them and made sure to torque them. After 30 minutes, all of the bolts are loose again. Any ideas? I am thinking since seemingly every bolt from the gas tank back is starting to back out, my rear wheel may be out of whack. I have checked the spokes and they are all tight, but I am thinking perhaps the wheel became "un-true" over the last few months. Could all of this be happening because of a bent rim? Maybe a wharped sprocket since the bolts have been coming loose?

Thanks for any help.

2) thats kinda strange if you torque them AND lock tite them...i do that and never have to touch the sprocket bolts ever agian til i need to change it..i dont think a bent rim will caue bolts to come loose, you can in the craziest rough terain and bolts souldnt come out

Thats what I was thinking, but I am desparate to figure this out. I did also notice the chain buffer is getting worn out, but even then I dont know why all the supposed vibration. I have literally lost plastic bolts, sprocket bolts, exhaust bolt, and a seat bolt. Its starting to get kind of costly.

Any other ideas of what it could be?

are you sure you just didnt line it up right..sometimes silencers bolt up that easy and can be tricky if its not all the way loostened..the 06rmz got no major changes from the 05' kx250f (same exact bike) weve used parts off 06' rmz250 including the muffler on my friends 04 kx250F

I've never touched the exhaust bolt since I have had the bike. Which means two things: (a) i should have checked it in the two years I had it and (? something is causing the bolts to back out.

thats so weird because i have an 05 kx 250 f and ive never had ne problems like that... do u ride ur bike really that hard to make all of your bolts come out?

not at all..i ride probably 2 days a week and i havent wrecked bad enough to damage anything in over a year...

This sounds odd. I lost a few bolts when I first got my bike, but only a couple. Maybe you (or the previous owner, or a mechanic?) don't tighten the bolts tight enough (don't go tightening them untill they strip though).

Another thing that could perhaps cause this is loose engine mount bolts. This happened on my 2003 RM85. Might pay to check the torques and/or loctite them (again don't overtighten them as I broke one of the top mount bolts on the frame that atatch to the cylinder a few weeks back).

From my experience, i have found that sprocket bolts always come loose if you don't loctite them (but you did, so that rules that out). Make sure you don't ride it with them loose, because I have heard of hub's breaking if you do this.

I can't think of anything else that will cause these problems. Does the bike feel like it is vibrating more than normal?

I can't think of anything else that will cause these problems. Does the bike feel like it is vibrating more than normal?

Not to me.

I think I am going to order another brand sprocket bolts, red loctite, a stock silencer (thinking of selling for an '07), and then I will go through and make sure everything is tight.

that has to be either a really bent rear wheel, or rear wheel that isnt straight(in the swingarm)

and if its not that id have to say there is a serious vibration problem somewhere else. id check and tighten every bolt on the bike(engine mounts, wheel mouts, everything)

good luck