Sign in to follow this  

Is the SPOILER NONSENSE an illness ??????????

Some fellow riders and I were discussing the SPOILER stuff on TT and we can't seem to understand why some one would purposely put forth an effort to avoid knowing about some thing that transpired weeks ago. Especially if you hang out with people that are into the same things such as riding. We talk about it all the time. We still watch the races and it really has no effect weather we knew the end result or not. I think you would have to lock yourself inside some kind of information proof bunker to not pick up through osmosis what was going on in sports. So is there a clinical medical term for this illness??????? Inquiring minds want to know.

Some fellow riders and I were discussing the SPOILER stuff on TT and we can't seem to understand why some one would purposely put an effort to avoid knowing about some thing that transpired weeks ago.

amazing that people might have different desires. wow. some people don't like dirtbiking. weird.

normal people find more enjoyment in a taped race if they don't know the outcome. it's just standard internet etiquette. people who don't comply are giving themselves away as rude clueless noobies. why are you so resentful about being considerate of others?

amazing that people might have different desires. wow. some people don't like dirtbiking. weird.

normal people find more enjoyment in a taped race if they don't know the outcome. it's just standard internet etiquette. people who don't comply are giving themselves away as rude clueless noobies. why are you so resentful about being considerate of others?

When I said some peaps, I meant like a bunch of us do not get it. It is what it is!!! Oh, and I added some more.

Actually, I think for some people it's a game. They just sit and wait for someone to post about a race so they can be the first to scream "Spoiler".

Like Velo said, it's simple courtesy. The races are broadcast a week or more later than the actual race. If football games were broadcast a week late, how much fun would it be to watch if you already knew the outcome?

Simple courtesy. If you can't handle that, maybe you should re-evaluate yourself?

Actually, I think for some people it's a game. They just sit and wait for someone to post about a race so they can be the first to scream "Spoiler".

I'm with you on this one.

Why do some people feel better about themselves by running to the TT board and posting the results? It's like they think they are the only one on the planet with that information and it somehow makes them feel superior to run on here and post it. I am one of those that doesn't want to know the results, If I wanted to know I could google it in about 1/10th of a second, I don't need your dumb ass telling me. It would be more difficult to avoid the results of main stream sports like football, but you will not find mx results anywhere except the internet (and mags lagging behind about 2 months). So as long as the jackasses on here don't ruin it for me, it isn't a problem.

Look at it this way, if you can actually control yourself and watch the races when they are televised (or shortly after) there is no delay in the season after the first week.

I guess you can't expect alot more when the average age (or mentality) on this site is about 15 though.

Why do some people feel better about themselves by running to the TT board and posting the results? It's like they think they are the only one on the planet with that information and it somehow makes them feel superior to run on here and post it. I am one of those that doesn't want to know the results, If I wanted to know I could google it in about 1/10th of a second, I don't need your dumb ass telling me. It would be more difficult to avoid the results of main stream sports like football, but you will not find mx results anywhere except the internet (and mags lagging behind about 2 months). So as long as the jackasses on here don't ruin it for me, it isn't a problem.

Look at it this way, if you can actually control yourself and watch the races when they are televised (or shortly after) there is no delay in the season after the first week.

I guess you can't expect alot more when the average age (or mentality) on this site is about 15 though.

You must live in a lead storage device.

It's all of the above.

Some people have a compulsion to post results.

Some people have a compulsion to scream spoiler.

I post the SPOILER thread each race day as I find the whining noise from each group annoying.

The SPOILER thread makes the most sense for Supercross races since it is aired the next day. But some people can sit all week and avoid the results until the following week. I tried that, but some guy named Osama kicked my out of the cave.

It's all of the above.

Some people have a compulsion to post results.

Some people have a compulsion to scream spoiler.

I post the SPOILER thread each race day as I find the whining noise from each group annoying.

The SPOILER thread makes the most sense for Supercross races since it is aired the next day. But some people can sit all week and avoid the results until the following week. I tried that, but some guy named Osama kicked my out of the cave.

Yes I agree, annoying, especially when you are just commenting on some thing and you have to gingerly make sure you don't even hint of some thing tha ha s already happened. It's almost like the political correct BS. It is what it is. B.S.

YA SPOILER

J/K

I think your very right! ! ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Nah, there's no game, to hear anything about the race before seeing the broadcast does spoil it. Here's where the opinon problem comes in. Some listen live, but I rather see it and don't listen to the webcast. If you couldn't hear it live or get results before it was broadcast- they're'd be no spoilers. Like others, I don't wanna hear nuthin' about a race until I get to see it, and just like the football example. To wait, sit and watch the race and already know the results or any 'news' about it? That sucks. Meanwhile, if you listen to the webcast or or were there- ya wanna talk about it. Doing it spoils it for everyone else waiting for the broadcast, hence the spoiler thread to help, nothin more to it. I get psyched each week waitin' to see each race, spoiler bad, good stuff. hehe...

Nah, there's no game, to hear anything about the race before seeing the broadcast does spoil it. Here's where the opinon problem comes in. Some listen live, but I rather see it and don't listen to the webcast. If you couldn't hear it live or get results before it was broadcast- they're'd be no spoilers. Like others, I don't wanna hear nuthin' about a race until I get to see it, and just like the football example. To wait, sit and watch the race and already know the results or any 'news' about it? That sucks. Meanwhile, if you listen to the webcast or or were there- ya wanna talk about it. Doing it spoils it for everyone else waiting for the broadcast, hence the spoiler thread to help, nothin more to it. I get psyched each week waitin' to see each race, spoiler bad, good stuff. hehe...

Way to much time on your hands.

I never hear the results before a race...

Of course, I only read the first post in this thread too :thumbsup:

I usually don't even come here until after I watch the race. And yes, it makes a big deal to me to not know the winner before I see it for myself. There is too much that can happen in the last lap, and racing is one of the very few things in life that I actually enjoy so why **** it up for me?

ok, people who saw the race are going to wanna talk about the race and say "ooooooooh, ahhhhhhh, remeber when stewart crashed" and stuff like that. its simple that some of us, including me, like to watch the race to see who wins, because its not as intertaining as it would be if you didnt know. SUB gave a perfect example, if you knew who was gonna win the football game, when an amzing move was pulled off, or when a massive hail mary was thrown and scored, but you knew the team was or wasnt going to win it wouldnt be as fun.

its simple, if you've seen the race, go to a spoiler thread, or if you want to know about the race and who won and stuff go there too.

if you want a suprise for the race, dont go, and please, everyone thats making a spoiler thread, put spoiler in the title.

Yes. Courtesy.

If we really wanted to know the results, we'd go to a web site for race results. (www.cyclenews.com, www.usmotocross.com or www.racerxill.com)

Why is it so difficult to simply be courteous?

No one is asking you not to talk about the race, correct?

Also, this phenomenon of basting out race results seems to have stemmed from people who are newer to TT.

Take note of the join dates of those who always complain about "wahh, we can't post race results".

Now look, at the join dates of those who (like me) would ask people to post a spoiler in the title of race result threads.....yeah - we've been here since the beginning of TT - and it's been a thing on TT since the start.

Not everybody on here is from the States. Have some consideration for others on the other side of the world. We get a broadcast 2 weeks after the fact. If I want to know the result I will look it up. much prefer to watch it (live) as it were on the tv. even if it is 2 weeks later. There is a spoiler thread for a reason so please use it if you want to disscuss anything to do with the race.

Cheers from OZ :thumbsup::ride:

Way to much time on your hands.

Lol. Wow- oversea's, two weeks, had no idea here on that, but here a good solid week delay. But to add to that week for some that don't get OLN, it's another day or two before the kind person whom records the race and puts out the torrent does then the torrent come out. Then another day or so to get the race, etc.

It's not as big of a deal with SX, I simply don't come to this site for 1 day. During MX, I'm not gonna stay off TT all summer. It amazes me how the OP thinks it is such a strain on his time to simply type SPOILER in the tittle. How inconsiderate can you be? The fact is, it's not about spoilling it to guys like this, it's about feeling important like I said in my first post. You know how people act like they are cool if they have seen a big movie before you have? same thing here. I understand the OP is probably around 12 years old, and it is pointless to argue with a child. Just one more reason why I consider KTMtalk.com my home and not TT. There is no childish discussion on that board about being considerate. There are also very few 12 year olds there.