Sign in to follow this  

wiring DHH headlight on 250X

i just got my acerbis DHH headlight in.

14302405_310x318.jpg \

and i SUCK at wiring anything. let alone this thing.

i was already told by someone else i may only be able to run one bulb. but IDK or not. so thats why im here

STOCK 250X HEADLIGHT HAS 3 WIRES. WHITE,BLUE,AND GREEN.

ACERBIS DHH HEADLIGHT HAS 4 WIRES. 2 COMING FROM EACH BULB.

ANY IDEAS?? I WANNA GET THIS DONE ALREADY, I HAVE BEEN WAITIN ON THIS THING FOREVER!

Does the stock light have high beam and low beam?

IDK. its only one bulb. 3 wires. tha all i cant tell ya. lol. it goes with the RPM of the motor. the higher your revs, the brighter the light.

I don't want to give you the wrong info. Try supermotojunkies forum, The people there know allot about Acerbis wiring.

I don't want to give you the wrong info. Try supermotojunkies forum, The people there know allot about Acerbis wiring.

i posted over there. thanks for the info. someone rpelied, but with the complex answer. which is using a relay and havin high/low beam.

i just want it to work like hte stock one. thats all! i dont ask for much! haa

If you locate the hot wire and I would guess the white is the ground, but don't quote me on it, then the other wires are either high beam or low beam. th Acerbis is most likely to have a high beam and a low beam, the two bulbs you can connect the wires an see what happens and not do any damage to any thing. if you have a battery laying around try the acerbis lite by using the battery. My advice is to find some one you know that is a electrician because it is a simple thin to hook up. You need a volt meter and you will be able to figure it out in 2 minutes. So find some one that has a volt meter or buy one.

new problem. i went and looked at the stock plug where the stock hooked in, and theres only 2 wires going into it, and then a 3rd down away. aaaagh