Sign in to follow this  

Lights DR650

Have a 2006 DR650 I find the headlights alittle weak for night use. Has anyone used any of the aftermarket lights? I also want to change the tail light any experience with LED lights?

Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing. Anybody?

I have herd the higher intensity lights have been known to actually melt the light on some bikes, not sure about the DR. Been looking at the PIAA SUPER PLASMA H4. I have a LED license light. It also functions as a brake light. Not to bright really. I have herd some of the more expensive LED tail/brake lights are pretty good. I think they go around in a circular motion and flash when you hit the brakes. I believe they are around $100. To much for my wallet.

Have a 2006 DR650 I find the headlights alittle weak for night use. Has anyone used any of the aftermarket lights? I also want to change the tail light any experience with LED lights?

Thanks

Im running a H.I.D. system form a late model lexus..been doing so for the last 8 months with out any problems whatsoever..and it only draws 35 watts vs 55-100watts halogens..leftside.jpg

Whats to deal with the HID setup? Where do you get the bulb and how do you know to get the right one???

Got any more pics of that lexus assembly?

You can't simply put a HID bulb in a normal H4 holder, it won't work. They need high voltage to operate so you need a ballast (transformer) to supply them.

Got any more pics of that lexus assembly?

You can't simply put a HID bulb in a normal H4 holder, it won't work. They need high voltage to operate so you need a ballast (transformer) to supply them.

TRUE! :applause:

bulb:

bulb.jpg

ballast with built-in ignighter: (very important to get the one Ive shown b/c of the size it fits snugly behind the headlight faring) ballast.jpg

The h4 to DS2 HID adapter: bulb:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-to-D2S-D2R-Adapters-for-PHILIPS-Xenon-HID-bulbs_W0QQitemZ260014503019QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

did mine for $100 :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause:

I'm running Silverstars on both my DR and DL

Same wattage as stock but much brighter, whiter light

The link description has 35 watts did you get another type or do they mislead to what you get for our bikes.

I think your are confused

I'm not running HID's

I have H4 Silverstars

Hey 2000dr650,

Is your bike occasionally parked on the street around 30th and 3rd or lexington? I might have seen it a few weeks ago. I go to 28th and Park on business.

I think your are confused

I'm not running HID's

I have H4 Silverstars

Wibby, Does the H4 fit into the stock holder ? I am considering getting one. Where did you order it from ?

Wibby, Does the H4 fit into the stock holder ? I am considering getting one. Where did you order it from ?

Yes,that is the correct style bulb

Wallmart has the Silverstars for about $20 but I usually buy the set so I have a spare

i

I'm thinking of doing the Silverstar set up. Wibby, is H4 the only "part number" or whatever you need to make sure you get the right bulb to fit?

Don't forget about the Buell light mod. It costs about $180 with the windscreen or $70 for just the light unit. Very bright. I also run silver stars bulbs. The high and the low can be wired to both be on when you hit the brights. I like it like that, the hi beam doesn't light up right in front of you (like you need on the trail) and the low beam doesn't light up the deer. With both on everything is blitzed.

Check my garage

I have seen where a few guys are using PIAA SuperWhite in their DR. I guess they are not legal in some states. Here in SC there is no inspection so I am thinking about getting a set. They are pretty expensive but who can put a price on a car seeing you.

I am just wondering if you could use PIAA plasma.

One problem with the DR light is the reflector sucks. Look at any newer car and check the work they put into the reflectors (or high $ bike). You can have the brightest bulb made, if you don't aim the output where you want it, it won't help. Lots of cars still have normal H4 or H7 bulbs but they get way more useful light due to the better reflector