Sign in to follow this  

BBR 150cc big bore???

i have a couple questions about the bbr 150cc big bore. is it hard to install? do you have to put new jets in it? if so what size jet do you need? how long does the piston last? do you have to do anything else to the frame? does a new pipe need to be installed?

thanks in advance....

no its really easy, if you can follow instructions its cake. they send jets but you will want to get a 17.5 pilot. and no a pipe isnt nessary but will help a lot. the piston will last as long as a normal piston as far as i know, but if you want some extra stuff for it check out http://www.precision-racing-components.com/ you get a lot more and they do it for ya, i wish i would have goten mine from them now

no its really easy, if you can follow instructions its cake. they send jets but you will want to get a 17.5 pilot. and no a pipe isnt nessary but will help a lot. the piston will last as long as a normal piston as far as i know, but if you want some extra stuff for it check out http://www.precision-racing-components.com/ you get a lot more and they do it for ya, i wish i would have goten mine from them now

wow thanks i'll probly buy it. as soon as possible. does it make your bike have more power or not noticable power?

what about the valves do you have to do anything to them.

I just bought that kit for my wife's TTR. I also got the bigger carb and the heavy duty clutch springs....they should be here by thursday, and I'm doing the work on saturday...can't wait. I already took 16.5 oz off the flywheel...big difference!

What about the pilot jet? Change to a 17.5? What does the bigger carb come with? You think I'll need to re-jet it?

so you think i should get a heavier clutch? by the way im not racing.... and a new carb???

BBR recommends the heavier clutch springs when going to the big bore (w/ the cam) due to the more hp. Clutch will slip less.

I'm setting it up w/ the bigger (28mm) carb just due to the fact that the stock carb is so 'un-tuneable'. When I put the Big Gun exhaust on, the only carb adjustment was the mains...if there is another jet (pliot jet) I couldn't find it...?

so you think i should get a heavier clutch? by the way im not racing.... and a new carb???
hey check out www.procycle.us and get the barnett clutch...you WON'T be dissapointed....never had it slip, my stock clutch you couldnt slip in corners or on berms, but the barnett doesnt fade at all and iv had it about a year! its only $70 and with a big bore kit you'll want it

Ndawg you talking about thier winning race services?
TTRserv.jpg that is all it includes, i dont think its a bad deal at all!! i really wish i would have seen that before i got my bbr kit :thumbsup: if you want power i think that would do it, and a 160 kit isnt much more if you want a lot more power :ride: