Sign in to follow this  

TT Westside Fall ride.

Well, I know it's early but it's never too early to start planning... We had some TT'rs over to the east side last fall so I figure it's only fitting for us on the east side to go over to the west side for a TT ride. Last year we did the Mio/Hunt Creek loop and had a BBQ afterward so I figure we should do it again this year...

Im in. Just let me know when. If ya want I can offer the cabin as a staging area / grilling area / camping area. Just let me know.

Im in. Just let me know when. If ya want I can offer the cabin as a staging area / grilling area / camping area. Just let me know.

If I remember correctly, you were the guy that picked the date last year and didn't even go. :thumbsup:

Well, if everybody is plated, maybe try the Big O? Early October?

October sound good as long as it's after the 7th :thumbsup: Do you have the 450 plated?

If I remember correctly, you were the guy that picked the date last year and didn't even go. :thumbsup:

yea yea yea... i have my moments :ride: But at least I didn't pick the date this time.

But heck if we are talking the baldwin area then heck yea I am in. That is too close to miss out on.

But heck if we are talking the baldwin area then heck yea I am in. That is too close to miss out on.

Remember, you'll have to go to the east side the year after though :thumbsup:

yea yea yea... i have my moments :thumbsup: But at least I didn't pick the date this time.

I'm in, but not plated. I've not ridden' much of anything on the west side...I like the idea of a cabin for a staging area and like the Baldwin idea.

That'd be cool Don. I'd like to make it a weekend since it's a decent drive up there from S.E. Michigan. :thumbsup:

Yea thats cool if ya all want to crash at the cabin.

Here is where it is located

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/Misc%20pictures/Bigo_map_0001.jpg

Its off Landon Road south of US 10 about 1 mile south of where the Big O crosses the road. pretty easy to find.

Cabin is nothing fancy. Just a trailer park trailer parked in the woods. No power. Just a pitcher pump, outhouse, and firepit. But it gets the job done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/Misc%20pictures/Bren_1.jpg

There is plenty of room for camping. Be it motorhomes, pop-ups, 5th wheels, or tents. There is some room in the trailer on a 1st come 1st served bassis. Probably can fit like 4-5 more people in there if needed.

So let me know when we wanna do it. We can make it a friday night thru Sun kinda thing if ya's want. Ill probably have my kid with me more than likely. So that makes the Big O out (non platted) But we will see. I might be able to get rid of him for a few nights. Or if some of you want to bring your wifes and kids they can hang out at camp (with the kids) while us big boys go play. Either way.

I would like to Try and get up north of Caberfae again this year. There is a hill over there that is the highest point in Michigans LP. Sounds kinda interesting. But you would probably need plates to get there as its off the trail and on the forrest roads. its called Briar Hill. Never been there just heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Where would the best loop if non plated bikes will be there?

Well if your talking the Baldwin area I would say the Lincoln Hills / Little Manistee loops (35 / 45 miles). There is plenty of trail there to keep ya's entertained all day.

Otherwise there is Little O about 35 miles and Tin Cup about 20 miles.

For the platted crowd there is the Big O which is 100 miles and uses the top of the Little O orv trail.

Or if your feeling real adventurious we can start at 7 mile staging and head north thru Lincoln Hills cross Lincoln Bridge and head north on the Mccct up to Boon for gas. Then keep heading north till everyone is lost, and/or broken down. That ride is always an adventure. Platted bikes are usefull but not necessarly required (its been done without in the past) I would like to head up there this fall and find Briar Hill (highest point in michigans LP)

So there are a few options for ya's

Well, there we go... The trails have been picked, our staging area (Don's "cabin") is the place... Now we need a weekend in October, I can go anytime after the first weekend... :thumbsup:

Or if your feeling real adventurious we can start at 7 mile staging and head north thru Lincoln Hills cross Lincoln Bridge and head north on the Mccct up to Boon for gas. Then keep heading north till everyone is lost, and/or broken down. That ride is always an adventure. Platted bikes are usefull but not necessarly required (its been done without in the past) I would like to head up there this fall and find Briar Hill (highest point in michigans LP)

So there are a few options for ya's

That sounds like fun! :thumbsup::ride:

Well then, put in your $.02 worth for a weekend... :thumbsup:

How does Oct.14,15 sound.

Oct.7,8 is the CCC Color Tour in Rose City :thumbsup:

Oct. 21,22 is the Trailfest at the LMC clubgrounds :ride:

I like the idea of getting lost. Of course I'm lost as soon as I lose sight of the truck

RUSS

Im open, so whenever is good for me. Im not planning this ride so I aint laying out any dates. Kzoo is the trail boss on this ride. Im just along for the beer!

How does Oct.14,15 sound.

Oct.7,8 is the CCC Color Tour in Rose City :thumbsup:

Oct. 21,22 is the Trailfest at the LMC clubgrounds :ride:

I like the idea of getting lost. Of course I'm lost as soon as I lose sight of the truck

RUSS

Ok, that settles it...

Who: A bunch of knuckleheads

What: Riding dirtbikes and then drinking beer

When: October 13, 14, 15

Where: yzman's cabin is the staging area

Why: Why not?