Sign in to follow this  

110 or 100 rear tire

I was just curious what the advantage or disadvantage was with running a 110 rear on a yz250f?

A strong running (modified) 250f can run a 110 but I would run the standard 100 if mine was stock or close to stock. The 110 could dig too well and cause bogging where the 100 wouldn't. Clearance wise, it will fit right on. :thumbsup:

110. Its a little harder to get it on the narrow rim, but the extra traction is worth the effort.

We have a highly modded 250F, and the 100 is still best except on dry slick conditions. In this case the 110 has an advantage, but only if also mounted on the wider 450 rim.

run the 100. the 110 will hurt the handling of your bike more than the help of the extra traction.

Run the 100. The rim was not designed for the 110. You will loose traction trying to stuff the 110 on the narrow rim. You will get a balloon effect and you don't want that. And take a look at the PRO'S, I bet most of them are running 100's unless they put on a wider rim. Cheers

Dunlop has a 110/80 Race Replica that has shorter side walls than the 100/90 and the weight of the two are really close. The 110/80 RR works well on the 250F, but to much traction for even modified 125.

My so ran 110/80 RR's a Ponca City on his mod 250F in two classes and pulled 3 of 6 holeshots. The start was concrete and we shaved the leading edge of the tire at an angle to get a better bite on the concrete.