Sign in to follow this  

07 KX 450F question

On the 07 bike, Kawasaki is suppose to have DLC on the fork tubes and better low to mid power. First, does anyone think that the DLC really makes much difference over the 06 forks and does anyone feel that the 06 low to mid power was lacking any. If you think the low to mid was lacking state what class rider you are IE. Novice, Pro etc. I can save a lot of money on an 06 vs. an 07. Approx. $1200. I don't care about the five speed. Actually I prefer the four speed.

On the 07 bike, Kawasaki is suppose to have DLC on the fork tubes and better low to mid power. First, does anyone think that the DLC really makes much difference over the 06 forks and does anyone feel that the 06 low to mid power was lacking any. If you think the low to mid was lacking state what class rider you are IE. Novice, Pro etc. I can save a lot of money on an 06 vs. an 07. Approx. $1200. I don't care about the five speed. Actually I prefer the four speed.

If you prefer the 4 speed, then get the 06!!!!!! It just flat out hauls and if you only ride MX tracks, you will rarely need fourth. If so, I doubt you will ever rev it out. 2nd and 3rd for everthing I ride. If the bottom end is of issue (its not for me but I'm a lowly low C class rider just out having fun when I can) then put in a jet kit and swap out the pipe to spread out the power curve. Honestly though, this bike just rips in stock form and I'm completely happy.

As for the 07 and its DLC fork tubes, they are nice and definitely help with stiction (I have them on my 05 GSXR-1000) BUT I think the trick look factor out weighs the actual performance advantage. They should stand up a bit better to dirt wear though since its a very hard surface. In the end, us mortals will probably have a hard time telling the difference.

They supposedly have fixed a few "bugs" with that 07 that showed up in the 06. If you do get an 06, you may want to consider taking some of the money you saved and investing in a Wiseco piston kit and having it on hand and ready. See the stickied FAQ thread at the top of each thread list. Look under the "Known Issues" section for more info related to the piston wrist pin.

Valves seem to be holding up better than most bikes. Many reporting no issues even after 50+ hours. In fact, I'm the only one so far that I've read about that has even had to shim and that was the right side intake. It was only .01mm below spec. Bike was running great but I went ahead and shimmed to be safe.

You can't go wrong with an 06 or 07. The 06 is gonna keep some change in your pocket though and that will go a long ways in mods!!!!

Hope that helps?

you will not feel a difference in the DLC forks

what low to mid range problem? thing hits like a ton of bricks compared to other 450's

I prefer the 4 speed

pro

what low to mid range problem? thing hits like a ton of bricks compared to other 450's

pro

There isn't a low to mid problem...it hits hard! Thanks in part to a very small diameter head pipe (35.5mm) compared to most 450's (40+mm). Because of the small head pipe top end h.p. was a bit limited and Kawi went for more overall power for 07 with a 40mm header and changed the cam and ignition mapping to retain most if not all of the snap of the 06 with more in the upper rpm ranges! Should be the h.p. king this year! They also fixed a few bugs that were inherent but fixable on the 06. They made sooo many refinements I would go for the 07 in a heart beat! Also, think of the 07 as a 4 speed with an overdrive! :thumbsup: Since the four speed had the exact same internal gear ratios as a KX 250 2-stroke 1st through fourth,(only the primary drive was geared higher) they will probably just add the same fifth as the two stroke and gear it slightly down so everyone will be happy! Time will tell!

07 should have less problems on my 06 ive done 2 clutches, the cases cracked i had them fixed and now its leaking coolant if any 1 knows why it would be appretiated its not the water pump or head gasket

Has anyone seen the 07 at a dealership yet?

I doubt it since they aren't supposed to be released until next month.

I prefer the 4 speed

pro

Yer a PRO?

I saw you ride @ PERRIS on 7-29-06.You were #111 on the replica kawasaki 450f (nice bike!) :thumbsup: .

But if yer a PRO then I'm the G.O.A.T :ride:

Yer a PRO?

I saw you ride @ PERRIS on 7-29-06.You were #111 on the replica kawasaki 450f (nice bike!) :thumbsup: .

But if yer a PRO then I'm the G.O.A.T :applause:

Oh lord, here we go!!!

:ride:

Yer a PRO?

But if yer a PRO then I'm the G.O.A.T :ride:

damn you called him out on that!

doesnt really matter, everyone is a pro on the internet, didnt you know that?

but seriously, there are a lot of riders who run the A class that really are not even competitive B riders, especially when you get into the +25A and +30A classes...at least around here...

Motomouth is too modest to make you guys look as dumb as you are...unless your kidding.

Sure looks like the same bike that your claiming is yours in the pic/video thread on this fourm.

Name the place and time and I"ll be there. :thumbsup:

Sure looks like the same bike that your claiming is yours in the pic/video thread on this fourm.

Name the place and time and I"ll be there. :thumbsup:

Who care's? What's your point? This is an information forum, if the guys HELPS us out I could care less what his riding ability is.

I'm 44 years old and have been around this sport since the mid 70's. I guarantee you I can get on a bike and give a better review than some of these magazine tests do. Not because of riding ability, but because of seat time on MANY different bikes going back to the mid 70's.

Don't get your panties in a wad over something that means nothing. Use the help here as it is offered.

Who care's? What's your point? This is an information forum, if the guys HELPS us out I could care less what his riding ability is.

I'm 44 years old and have been around this sport since the mid 70's. I guarantee you I can get on a bike and give a better review than some of these magazine tests do. Not because of riding ability, but because of seat time on MANY different bikes going back to the mid 70's.

Don't get your panties in a wad over something that means nothing. Use the help here as it is offered.

Well said.

My point is he is giving you guys false info.

Read all his post about the 2007 none of it is TRUE! including his riding ability. So I feel he is not helping any make anyone a good choice on a new bike.

The 2007 kx450f is a much improved bike but since your so protective of him keep listening to him and good luck.

Do get your diaper in a bunch :thumbsup: I'm just callin a spade-a-spade.