Sign in to follow this  

'00 426 Bk mod ???'s

I have a '00 yz426 that is stock, other than the updated clutch and the BK mod I just did. The bike had a really bad bog and the BK mod helped a little.

The bike currently has a 42 pilot jet, 162 main and a OBEKR needle with the clip in the 4th from the top. I ride at about 2500-3000' and temp range from 50-80 degrees.

Does anyone have any advice to what my jetting should be? Right now the fuel screw seems to make little difference.

I just went out and compared the two and replacement one is definately different. I will try the old one and see what happens.

Ok, I tried the stock fuel screw and I can turn it all the way in and the bike will still idle. If I snap the throttle in neutral it backfires pretty bad when I let off and will shoot some flames. While riding with the screw all the way in the bog has definately decreased, but feels different than before. The bike also feels a little more snappy. This means I need a smaller pilot jet, right? How small should I go, it has a 42 right now.

They didn't have a 40 in town, so I tried a 38. I think this may be a little small because its about 2-2.5 turns out for the best idle. My bog still hasn't gone away. When I crack the throttle in kinda sounds like bwaaaa.... and then just before it sounds like its going to die it takes off and revs fine. How do I tell if it is a lean or rich bog?