Sign in to follow this  

RMZ 450 And KX450F???

Are these bikes the same? I'm a YZF rider, Taking a liking to the new RMZ.. Are these two different bikes? I know the 250 were or are made by Kawi and are not the quality of a Yamaha.. But the RMZ seems like a wicked bike...

Thanks for your help in advance...

They are completely different machines. They share no parts, no engineering, and no personality traits. They feel as different from each other as they look.

Thats what I was thinking and hoping, because my friend got a KX450 and it seems cheap and he has bad luck... And we tore down my buddies RMZ 250 and there was all kinds of Kawi print on it..

Thanks again,

Thinking hard on a New 06 RMZ 450, Any thoughts I'd love to hear them...

I have an '05 RM-Z 450 and i love it. I looked at the KXF 450 and i didnt like the feel of it. I have had no major problems with mine at all. It handles so good in the corners and feels lighter than my old '01 RM-250.

got my rmz about a month ago for $5385 OTD and so far I like it. I don't love it yet as I still feel faster on my 2 stroke in the corners. The RMZ does not hndle like my YZ at all but I figured out something I will have to experiment with. With my YZ I could point the front tire some where and go. This doesn't seem to work at all for me with the RMZ. FOr me I started using very little front wheel and just leaned the bike into the corner and it was very cool and very fast. Personally I think the RMZ is the best lookinng bike out there. Its also the first bike I haven't had to setup. Felt comfortable right out of the box. I spent hundreds setting up my YZ. I personally think it feels heavier an my YZ but doesn't jump or handle likes it heavier...if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the info..

That was my gut feeling and may order an 07 and pick up a left over 06...

yes the best looking bike...

Just spent 2 days on my New Rmz-450...Is this bike as awsome as it feels or is all in my head...?

This is a race ready bike....

Thanks for all your help on here.. Who makes a nice skid plate and who's got the best price?

thanks.

Hey congrats on the new bike. I got an 06 not long ago too. I cant get over how nice it feels to ride. I can absolutely smash hill climbs that I could never do on my 06 250 (2 stroke).

I also have a CRF450 06 and the RMZ unfortunately doesnt have as much power, however you can greately boost the RMZ power with an aftermarket exhaust system. The CRF is snappier but you need to shift more, I seriously love the 4 speed box!