Sign in to follow this  

What Quiet Exhaust?

Stock "hockey stick" SA = 88db on my 06 300W

FMF Q SA = 89db on my 04 250E

I haven't measured it but my FMF Q SA is about the same as the stock pipe on my 200XC-W.

I know stocks quiet Jeb but anything better aftermarket or ways to make it even quieter?

I have the FMF Turbin Core II and it measured 92 at the last national I raced. Seems about the same as stock.

The Snorkel would be about the only thing quieter than the stock hockey stick type SA.

I went with a combo recamended by the house of horse power in Organ.

On my 05 250sx I have a FMF Gnarly pipe with the Pro Circuit 296 tale pipe.

Its very quiet and has lots of power.

I was told the pro c tale pipe has the least restriction and because its a longer pipe its quieter.As far as the hedder,FMF has a great product with right on jetting spec's on their web site.I went for the Gnarley because my sx suspention is diled for trails at my weight so to get a little more low end I used the gnarley.I'm using the yellow spring in my powervalve.My bike rips.

My bike is shockingly not very loud at all, and I have a FMF Shorty silencer on it. 200s just aren't loud bikes I guess.....I have real old packing, and most of my friends' bikes are louder than mine (Stock CRF450X, KDX200 with FMF Q, Stock YZ250)

My bike is shockingly not very loud at all, and I have a FMF Shorty silencer on it.

But that is not a spark arrestor so not legal on any public lands in the USA. And it is quite a bit louder than a Q or TC II.

I have real old packing

Might want to think about repacking them for the good of the sport. I repacked my FMF Q and stock KTM SA this weekend. Took like an hour total to do both and cost was less than $20 per bike using Race Tools repacking cartridges.